Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. Just bought a 2008 wk1 three weeks ago and have had the service 4wd system warning with the eps and traction control light come on three times.. Once on a first start up, the other two when I was driving maybe 15 mph. When it happens the Jeep acts normal, no noises or anything alarming EXCEPT if it is in park or put in park the lever will NOT move out. It gets stuck. As soon as I turn it off then back on the warning goes away and I am able to drive like normal, then within a week the warning comes back. Any advise on what this could be would be GREATLY appreciated. Really hoping I didn’t get myself into a hole, I’ve always wanted this Jeep..
I have changed t-case fluid and will do both diffs tomorrow. Trans service next Monday, hoping that’s all it needs.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Might be a sign your ESM (electronic shifter module) is dirty or needs replacing. There was a write up on how to clean it ages ago in the how to section.
Might also be a wheel speed sensor having an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2008 wk1 with 121k, 3 months or so ago. Love it! So new to SRT8 land. This may be no help, but I had a lot of noise and roughness from tcase when passing some one medium throttle situation and backing off slowly. No Service 4WD light though. Took it to my trusted transmission clinic and they opened up the Tcase and had to replace the motor $500 and 2 shot bearings. The pump and clutches where in great shape. Total $1400. Much better than $2500 just for a new tcase.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just bought a 2008 wk1 with 121k, 3 months or so ago. Love it! So new to SRT8 land. This may be no help, but I had a lot of noise and roughness from tcase when passing some one medium throttle situation and backing off slowly. No Service FWD light though. Took it to my trusted transmission clinic and they opened up the Tcase and had to replace the motor $500 and 2 shot bearings. The pump and clutches where in great shape. Total $1400. Much better than $2500 just for a new tcase.

I am not getting any noise from the tcase. Crossing my fingers the tcase or my trans are not going bye bye..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, new here. Just bought a 2008 wk1 three weeks ago and have had the service 4wd system warning with the eps and traction control light come on three times.. Once on a first start up, the other two when I was driving maybe 15 mph. When it happens the Jeep acts normal, no noises or anything alarming EXCEPT if it is in park or put in park the lever will NOT move out. It gets stuck. As soon as I turn it off then back on the warning goes away and I am able to drive like normal, then within a week the warning comes back. Any advise on what this could be would be GREATLY appreciated. Really hoping I didn’t get myself into a hole, I’ve always wanted this Jeep..
I have changed t-case fluid and will do both diffs tomorrow. Trans service next Monday, hoping that’s all it needs.
Sorry man. I’ve not had any issues like this with my 2018.
I did have to replace the front driveshaft due to the sealed gimbal joint (newer version of a U-Joint) losing it’s main seal and drying up.
If any of you guys experience massive sudden vibrations that are FAR more extreme than wheels which lost all of their balance weights, don’t listen to the dealer BS. Go STRAIGHT to the driveshaft. It’s usually the front shaft but the rear can also fail - in my case, well under 20K miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts