Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, I am in the process of selling my 04 Subaru STi and in the endless search of buying an 06 or 07 SRT8 Jeep. I was just wondering if there were any issues between the two years I am looking at. I have heard of electrical problems, but all vehicles have that. But if there were any major differences between the two years and which one I should really be looking at. And what are the prices did you guys get your 06-07 SRT8's from dealerships? Thanks for your help and hope to get mine soon!

·
Registered
240 Posts
For some odd reason these came with medium grey interiors in 2006 early 07. I would opt for a 08 and get the dark slate if I was to do it over again.

My 06 bought last year was $28k with 32k miles. Of course, as you will find, that is only the $tart of the endless costs. ;)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Between 06 and 07 there isnt too much of a difference.. once you go to 08 you see some pretty good upgrades.

Reactions: stark79

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input guys, keep it going! I have 3 other tabs open looking all over for a good deal! Living in Cheyenne, Wyoming sucks for car searching because most dealerships here, and in Colorado are too proud of any awd vehicles they get, thus, jacking up the prices on everything because they know the misinformed will buy it for what they want. Bastards. So once again, I will travel as far as I need to get a good deal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Try for a 08 and up just slightly nice interior and the self leveling hids is nice and upgraded Mygig unit

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
12,170 Posts
+1

The '08 has a newer design with HID's and Mygig. I recommend you save a little more $$ for the more updated Jeep.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Go for the 08 .. ( from a fellow STI owner ;) )

I opted for the 07 as it was the only one available at the time of my impulse purchase lol

looking back, I really wish i waited it out for a 08+ ( touch screen Nav, HID, slate interior )

Reactions: stark79

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, a little research and comments from you guys, and an '08 is what i'll try for, but as for performance, I don't see any difference. It's cool to have all of the techy stuff, but I could do without it. And most of the '08's with decent mileage shoot up in price quite a bit. I won't be modding it very much, and it will be my everyday driver and kid getter, so the DVD player will work just fine since I drive a vehicle only 8-9 miles a day.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I come from the Evo world and after driving every possible yr the wk1 SRT, I can tell you that performance is the same, so no difference there. The trucks are all the same besides a few things here and there, honestly i would not pay crazy money for one since its an 08. ALL this trucks will put a big smile on your face when you drive them, no matter which year...I say look for the best deal and the one taken care the most PERIOD....dont forget that the hole in your pocket will get bigger, since the MPG is not the greatest and the mod bug will get you eventually. I dont have the entertainment system on mine, but I am happy with that since i hate playing with all that stuff..it becomes more distracting and annoying then useful...plus i got mine with 28k miles for $24K 3 weeks ago with warranty up to 50K miles and brand new tires on it...I am sure you would not pass that kind of deal because its not an 08 :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input! And yes, I will just stick to the plan and find a good deal between the 06-07 and if I find an 08 with a decent price. I am satisfied with what it comes with, group 1 or 2, doesn't matter.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I wouldn't settle for an 06-07 model unless you can't afford an 08+.. The Nav/MyGig are well worth it, and the updated interior and HIDs are very nice too.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My buddy here in denver is selling his 07 30k has cora and mopar intake and the upgrade stereo already

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Black 50k miles for $30k

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry I didn't get back to you. I'm doing this from my phone. Can't use the work computer for personal stuff. But we'll see, that is a good deal. My sti will be sold in about two weeks, i'll stay in touch. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Np he owns a body shop so body is in great shape... Has a few extras he ordered the new srt8 so needs to get rid of this one

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was looking for a '08 because of the myGig, but I came across an amazing deal. I bought my '07 for $30999 with 20,043 miles. It has the DVD/NAV, etc. Fully loaded. The mileage was the deal breaker for me, so I went with the '07. I had seen other '07/08 models going for $34,999 and up with 50,xxx miles which wasn't worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
16,354 Posts
As mentioned, and I see you stated, check into an 08+ if you about the updated I interior, HIDs, my gig to name a few....

I originally was in search for an 07 and saw a 2008 in person and I never looked back.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts