Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone! Im new to the site and will hopefully be a new owner of a Jeep SRT8. Im on the hunt for a good used Jeep around the Mass/North East area. I would like to stay in the low 20's but could go as high as $30,000. The prices and years around here are all over the place and would really appreciate any input on what to look for and if anyone knows of any good deals since they hold their value so well. I was also wondering if there are any serious differences between the 06-08. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am also trying to sell my 2005 Mustang GT.

Thanks!
Eric

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually contemplated that one but it had a second owner for 4 months...so that says (to me anyways) that it was 4 months of a beatin' then trade it in, but I could be wrong. I knew about the interior, but I didn't notice the bumper. My main concern was if they changed anything with the drivetrain. I didn't want to get an 06 and hear they changed something in 07-up.

Thanks for the info.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Good old Danvers MA. I spent 3 months there for work. I bought my 07 out of Providence RI when I was there for work. It's for sale now in Fort Wayne, IN slightly modded ;)

It's a silver 07, 70k miles, taken care of. Gleenbrook dodge if you're willing to travel. You should be able to
Get it for under 30k. Probably no less than 27,500

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Good choice in getting rid of the mustang. To get one for twenty you would be looking at an 06. These jeeps keep their value even more so with the change over. Your going to have to expect that any used srt unless you know the owner has been beaten on, that's what they were made for. Do a car fax search on any one that you find. Check all the service records to see how well they were upkept. These are strong builds and can take a pounding, just look at all ours that are modded and keep going.
I would also look for how many times it changed hands, a one owner set up would be better then multiple. Also find out what they traded it in for, that can tell a lot. Go for an older owner rather then a younger one. You MIT be able to find some with lower miles though you will pay more, mines an 08 with only 23 thousand, so their out there.
You will prob be looking at 26 and up for a nice one, though any one is better then the older mustangs as they were crap all around after the change over from the 90's , I know I had a few of them, lol. Good luck with your search

·
Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Check out the 'For Sale' section on the forum...Jeeps on the forum by very active members tend to be well taken care of and have a history that can be researched easily. If you are not picky get an '06/'07 as you will probably get a better deal on them and have money left to mod the vehicle to your liking!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mongoose - Yeah gotta love Danvers, I work right down the street and they had a black 08' with 75K on it for $26900 but it sold at auction 2 weeks ago while I was in the searching process and I wasnt sure if it was a good deal or not but I'm kicking myself now. I found someone in NY selling a 07 with 75K for $23,000. If it doesnt sell I might fly out for a test drive so we will see. I love your 2012 btw, wish I could afford one myself lol.

ltleo - I still have the mustang, still trying to sell it...Yeah my friends father has an 06' and I fell in love with it first ride. My main concern and why I was asking here was about any differences and peoples input on the 06's compared to the 08's since thats where my price range is. The 06' that StangSlayer showed above was something I was gonna look at but again, not to sure about it, any input would be helpful. Trust me I would love to be second owner but those prices are def. higher. I will keep searching but like I told Mongoose I might have an 07' on my hands soon so I will let you know.

Speeddemon - I will check it out today, have not looked yet. I might have an 07' so we will have to wait and see. Any extra money would be helpful today...

Thanks guys!
Eric

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
This one is nice and has low miles. See if you can get them down to $30K. It has Borla S already, tinted tails and rear fogs, BT catch can, red engine covers, painted turn signal covers, HIDs, debadged, front bumper hasn't been drilled into for the plate, SRT emblem in lower front grill, and a custom head unit (looks like a Kenwood).

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rds=25&cardist=15&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
StangSlayer - That one looks really good. Im goin for a test drive tomorrow and talk cash. Ill let you know how I make out!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This one is nice and has low miles. See if you can get them down to $30K. It has Borla S already, tinted tails and rear fogs, BT catch can, red engine covers, painted turn signal covers, HIDs, debadged, front bumper hasn't been drilled into for the plate, SRT emblem in lower front grill, and a custom head unit (looks like a Kenwood).

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rds=25&cardist=15&standard=false&rdpage=thumb

I went and test drove this one today. Rides great, shifts smooth, handles great and only 15540 miles on it now. They said they replaced the front rotors and pads because there was a vibration while braking and also has some drilled rotors for the rear. Other then that it looks great but they wouldn't budge from the price, they said $30K is just way too low and wouldn't go below 32. Not sure if Im gonna get it or not, might tell them Ill sign papers for 31 and take it off their hands... Gonna sleep on it tonight!!

Eric

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I went and test drove this one today. Rides great, shifts smooth, handles great and only 15540 miles on it now. They said they replaced the front rotors and pads because there was a vibration while braking and also has some drilled rotors for the rear. Other then that it looks great but they wouldn't budge from the price, they said $30K is just way too low and wouldn't go below 32. Not sure if Im gonna get it or not, might tell them Ill sign papers for 31 and take it off their hands... Gonna sleep on it tonight!!

Eric

Nice. Its a pretty good price for the mileage.........It has 5K fewer miles than my 08, and mine's a garage queen. :silly: Good luck.

Phil

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice. Its a pretty good price for the mileage.........It has 5K fewer miles than my 08, and mine's a garage queen. :silly: Good luck.

Phil
Well it wasn't meant to be...the dealer called me back saying someone came in after me and bought it for the asking price of $32,590 no questions asked...oh well the search continues.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Joeyclutch- sorry but 36K is just waaaay out of range, I wish I could...

Yeah it went in the 4 hours it took me to contemplate the thought haha

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Di, don't get to down about it, your right, wasn't ment to be. I'm not surprised that it went fast though as it had low miles and that's hard to find. So 31 is your top price then? Do you need to sell the stand first or will that just help at either end? Also how far of a distance are you willing to take one at? Would your bottom line include shipping if any?

Do you want one mod or stock? I think that white one is still for sale for 27 I believe? Problem is he painted it white, but you can prob get it cheaper since he kinda destroyed the resale value on it. So if you open a dialog channel and wait on it, I'm sure he will either get lucky or take trade in value. Sometimes that's the problem with some mods, they are like base ball cards you only get your money back out if someone wants it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ltleo - I won't, Im just impatient as all hell and 3 have now slipped away from me so I know they are selling fast and are still in demand. 31 is as high as I would like to go, the 07 would have got me around 35 in the end so it wasn't where I wanted to be but I guess thats looking like what Im going to have to spend. I would like to sell the stang first but it doesn't matter if I sell it now or during, I can handle payments but it would help. I don't want to travel if I don't have to, if it comes down to that then distance wouldn't really matter. Only thing I factor in with travel is plane ticket, shipping fees, and any other b/s that comes with it.

I honestly don't like the white and getting it repainted is just out of the question for me. I know what you mean, you have to find that perfect person who loves what you've done. I personally would like one that is bone stock, but we will see. Im going to hopefully test drive this one today and talk about a price...

http://www.brighamgillmotorcars.com...Cherokee-6cf36c030a0d064901530551480481e6.htm

Thanks ltleo,
Eric

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Looks clean, good luck. Wonder why it had 150 miles when first purchased. Also it's beefing sold as a certified car, so you get that protection. Are they including any warnty with it?

Hope all goes well! Keep us updated. You really won't want to go to another vechical after owning a jeep srt, it really gives you the best of all worlds

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well guys I think I may have found one. A friend of a friend is selling his wife's 07, black with 75k on it, for a whopping $18,000(that's for me). Needs a little tlc but nothing major...maybe a buff, powder coat the wheels cuz of pitting chrome, but other then that it drives just as good as the other 07 I test drove....over all I think I may own a jeep this week! What do you guys think?

Eric

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.