Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any problem with running seafoam through the fuel system on a FI rig? I know maggie warns against allowing it to come in contact with the blower rotors. Anybody using it?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I use a can before every oil change - half in with the oil and the other half in the gas tank. I too have heard that it will eat the coating off the rotors.
I thought using a Meth kit on a Maggie would eat the rotors not a seafoam kit , but I could be wrong..

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
I think that warning is aimed towards people who put Seafoam directly into the intake of their motors... which would force it through the rotors.

By introducing it to the engine through the injectors (pouring it into your gas tank) I don't believe any of it actually comes into contact with the rotors.

This depends entirely on intake/intercooler/blower design, but I'm pretty sure the rotors don't touch the fuel.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that warning is aimed towards people who put Seafoam directly into the intake of their motors... which would force it through the rotors.

By introducing it to the engine through the injectors (pouring it into your gas tank) I don't believe any of it actually comes into contact with the rotors.

This depends entirely on intake/intercooler/blower design, but I'm pretty sure the rotors don't touch the fuel.
True, but I'd read on another forum where someone had talked with a tech at magnuson that said no seafoam in the fuel either. But as the discussion went forward, it was assumed that this was just them being cautious and not wanting to be held responsible for anything. I tried calling myself but the sales guy never heard of Seafoam and when I asked to speak to a tech...I was disconnected. I'm gonna try it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.