Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

First of all i am going to tell you the whole story!:)
When i bought my paxton supercharger kit from a forum member there was no iat sensor installed. He said that his stock iat sensor was only zip tied in the engine bay!
So i searched the forums for a screw in type iat sensor and found a post where somebody recommended a srt4 iat sensor.So i bought one and installed it.
I have begun the tuning with Johan but have had a weird starting issue when the engine is warm from day one on....
Johan mentioned that it has something to do with this srt4 iat sensor because it has a different transfer function than the stock one!
I really dont want to mess with the stock sensor so what type of iat sensor do you use??
From which car or even better what part number!

Thank you in advance for your help!

greets from the heart of europe
Alex

·
"guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,862 Posts
I ordered mine from Stage 6. Never had a problem with mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your fast response!
Yes, i know that they sell a screw in iat sensor and they are great vendors but it would take at least two to three weeks till it arrives here in Austria.
I have a Jeep/Dodge dealer here in my town where i could get parts usually in two days so a part number would be great!
Thank you again for your hint!

regards

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one?
I read somewhere that a 4.0 Wrangler sensor would work!? Is this info correct?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Reviving this thread. Does anyone know of one?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Sweeeeeeet! Pigzilla thread ftw! Thanks!

·
Registered
3,388 Posts

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Looks like these 2 parts don't fit together, looking at Tim's pick the AX-40 fits the HP4420 and not the AX7.

Umm I tested both the AX40 and AX7 with that connector and it works. Did you try to connect them?

The AX7 I tested and was a spare for my old jeep.

Take a pic of your AX7 looking into the connector

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
I did try, I don't want to over force this if I need to exchange it.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Odd ya that's a different female connector. Maybe there are different models of the AX7.

Good and bad to know. Guy was supposed to put it in tomorrow after welding the bung.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Good and bad to know. Guy was supposed to put it in tomorrow after welding the bung.

Standard Motor Products TX3A Sensor Pigtail https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C7YJ7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6E6lybXAQN02R

If you have the half moon female connector then buy the TX3A male connector.

I can guarantee the help section at auto zone or whatever it's called carries these if you are in a pinch. They are normally used for the coolant sensors that's why it is so odd. I also noticed that your female connector is black and mine is grey. Odd but not a deal breaker.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Thanks I'll look in the AM tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Standard Motor Products TX3A Sensor Pigtail https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C7YJ7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6E6lybXAQN02R

If you have the half moon female connector then buy the TX3A male connector.

I can guarantee the help section at auto zone or whatever it's called carries these if you are in a pinch. They are normally used for the coolant sensors that's why it is so odd. I also noticed that your female connector is black and mine is grey. Odd but not a deal breaker.

Got this a t O'Rielly's auto parts and it plugs in great.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
No one?
I read somewhere that a 4.0 Wrangler sensor would work!? Is this info correct?
yes it works just fine, i have been running it for some time now and its a MOPAR product! you can get the pigtail from mopar as well, cheap

1 - 17 of 17 Posts