Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I started the teardown for my turbo build. I'm going to custom fab the piping, but it will be similar to the stage6 turbo kit where the downpipe will go behind the passenger wheel well. I am planning running a conservative 93 octane tune on low boost 5-6 psi while I get everything dialed in. My goal for the Jeep is an 11.XX pass and nothing more. I also have a goal you could call it of keeping it relatively tame on the street so its no obnoxiously loud and annoying on longer cruises.

Parts List:
-2.5" 304 SS piping​
-3" 304SS piping​
-PTE 7675​
-Walbro 450 Fuel Pump​
-Ford Racing 80# injectors​
-PTE 46mm wastegate​
-Dings Valve Body​
-Sparkplugs​
-Mechanical Boost gauge​
-AEM Wideband​
-Electronic Fuel and Oil Pressure Sensors​
-Dual Aeroforce Interceptors​
-Intercooler​
-2 bar MAP sensor​
-Exhaust cutout​
-Heatwrap/Blanket​
-Odds n ends exhaust parts (bellows, band, hangers ect.)​
-Couplers for cold side​
-Oil feed/return lines and fittings​
-Vacuum Block​
-Fluids (Oil/Coolant/Trans)​
-and the most important part... Tune​
Before: Pretty tight working quarters.. This was on 11/14/20.

Teardown started....

All sorts of room here...

Reusing flanges to the factory manifolds...

3" mandrel bends for downpipe/ or cold side piping if I decide to jump to 3.5" for my downpipe.

3" to 2.5" reducer... I will be running duals 2.5" pipe from factory manifolds to a single 2.5" to the T4 flange.

Tank dropped for 450 Walbro...

Stock fuel pump (bottom) verse Walbro 450....

Ford Racing 80# injectors

Turbo pics...

Fuel Pump is installed in stock hat...

Intercooler mounted up...

Test fitting bumper, no cutting required to bumper... (grill removed)

Fabrication to the merge pipe has started as of 1/19/21. I should have that completed and wrapped here in the next few weeks...

More to come, stay tuned...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ding Racing Valve Body ready to go in...

Due to most of the piping being wrapped and not having access to a TIG welder I'll be doing MIG which is especially tricky on SS, but it will do the job.

Up-pipe to the turbo/wastegate completed...

All Wrapped....

Holley 90 degree waterneck to clear air filter.

Connected to Borla catback... Used Factory hanger bracket on trans.

Ford Racing #80 injectors installed.

AEM Wideband/ Dual Aeroforce Interceptors/ Manual Boost Gauge... I was able to wire up the output of the AEM to the scangauge to monitor and trigger the warning light in a lean condition. I also have the Aeroforce oil and fuel pressure sensors to monitor that on the gauges as well.

NOS Adapter with fuel pressure sensor and cabin to bay wires.. Oil Pressure, Boost pressure, fuel pressure, e-cutout, wideband.

I went back and forth with tapping the oil pan on the car. Decided to remove it... FYI wasn't that bad. I did it on jack stands in 3 hours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
4/5/21 Update.... Turbo Jeep is done! started it up last night. Fire right up. Sent my tuner a few idle logs and already have a second revision to datalog out on the road. So far everything looks great, no oil or coolant leaks.

Intercooler installed...

Bumper back on... Ready for a good wash and wax...

Reactions: mondo and bxcharger

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am excited about how this build will turn out. Keep the fire burning, and I am hoping for more pictures soon. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
5,048 Posts
Awesome! Best of luck with your journey! Will be all worth it when your complete, these things get crazy fun on boost.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the turbo/wastegate this week, pics in first post. Should get the T4 flange bracket to engine made sometime in the next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Couple updates... Intercooler mounted, fuel pump installed, fabrication of merge pipe started...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Good progress these past few weeks.. Completed all the hot side piping to the turbo along with 2 bar MAP sensor install, Fuel injector install, new intake manifold gasket, gauges, and sparkplugs gapped at .032 for future reference... Pics in second post.

Reactions: mondo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Completed all the hot side piping as of yesterday. The only fab remaining is the cold side piping. Should be running shortly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jeep is done! Update with pictures in earlier posts.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Pictures aren’t showing anymore but from the earlier ones much respect on this build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pictures aren’t showing anymore but from the earlier ones much respect on this build!

Pictures should be fixed. Let me know if any are not appearing. Thanks.

Reactions: bxcharger

·
BlaBlaBla
5,272 Posts

1 - 20 of 23 Posts