Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were never sold in the U.S. it's a MK2 ford focus RS it was badass to had a down pipe, full exhaust, tuned, and endless brakes. It sounded pretty good.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Damn, that thing sounds good! I remember Ken Block whipping one of these.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
they are as common as muck over here

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Block is actually driving a Fiesta in his latest vids and WRC, the Focus was for 2010.

BUT this RS is sick! 305-hp, 2.5L five-cylinder motor's 325 lb-ft of torque but sadly it's FWD.

What's the story, where did you see it, how is it in the US? Give us the dets!

·
Banned
1,577 Posts
Sickkkkk love the look

·
Registered
418 Posts
RS500 is the latest one with 500hp. Too bad they never made these things awd. Besides this one i also have seen one here in Michigan, a Ford engineer drives it around all the time. Too bad Ford dont bring them over here, they are afraid it will ruin the Mustang sales.

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kenny Block is racing Ford Fiesta's...

The Rs500 is nasty!!!! That things is purely badass for a hatch!
Yeah Ken Block races a fiesta but he daily drives a focus RS it has been seen many times here in L.A. and he even showed up to cars and coffee in it once see link below. Also as far as this guys story he was from mexico they sell these in mexico he was out here to go to school from what i understand.

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/11/01/car-spotlight-gt-gt-ken-block-s-grocery-getter.aspx

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
RS500 is the latest one with 500hp. Too bad they never made these things awd. Besides this one i also have seen one here in Michigan, a Ford engineer drives it around all the time. Too bad Ford dont bring them over here, they are afraid it will ruin the Mustang sales.
There is talk of bringing over a focus RS of the new global focus. We now get the same focus here in the U.S. that they get in europe. And the new ST focus will be available here in the the states and it's turbo charged with 250 hp. Im holding out for a RS version though if they make it available here in the states I will be buying one they are just really fun cars to drive.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I'm going to hate myself later for saying this but I actually like it a lot. I wouldn't be caught driving it or admitting I like it in person, but I do. Bad ass little ride!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Aren't these AWD?? I saw an article a while ago in road and track, it looks pretty badass

·
Registered
173 Posts
I couldn't help but see the resemblance to the Prius in the background. :rofl:

·
Spinning aint winning!!
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.