Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, now I am 100% committed to the 22" FR wheels! I decided to get the tires now to ensure their availability.... Got a good deal from Chad at Black Ops; he was awesome to deal with. I'll get the wheels after Christmas (can't really run them here until March anyway, when the roads clean up.....).

There were really 3 options for size: 265/35--295/30 combo; 295/30s all around; or 265/35--315/30 combo.

After thinking about it LOTS I went with the 265/35--315/30 combo. I really wanted to maintain the staggered look; although Keoni's beautiful SRT with the 295s all around really made me think hard about it! I don't know if anyone is running this combo with the 22" FRs yet, but I can't think of a reason why it won't work so...... we'll see!

These are my reasons:
1. The diameter of the 265/35s is 29.3" and the 315/30s is 29.44" (this is only a 0.48% difference; I really can't see this affecting the TC as the difference is so minimal).
2. The 315s have a little more sidewall than the 295s so they match the fronts nicely and will fill the wheel well a bit more.
3. The 315s are killer wide!
*I haven't seen 315s in person until today and it is hard to visualize them on the truck; they are frickin HUGE!

I have also ordered some SRT engraved center caps from BT and some low profile bolts for the sway bar links--I just need the damn wheels :)

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Oh my SEXY!!!! Please post pics when finished! :D

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
*I had them shipped to a place just across the border which is about a 45 min drive from my house and picked them up there ($20 fee).
I paid $1068 U.S. for the tires (shipping included).
Had to pay 12% tax (HST) when I crossed. So approx $1250 all in. Still a great deal for quality 22s....

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Are they the same width as the 315/35/20? And could you not run the 295-315? 265 fronts and 315 rears seem too much no? And why did you go with black ops, they sell Vreds in North Van. Curious because I'm about buy another set.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. Same width.
Diameter of 295/30s is 28.96" (1.64% difference from the 315s). Well withing the "3%" tolerance, but I wanted to get as close as possible in terms of diameter (paranoid about damaging TC).
I considered N. Van. The rears were nearly $400 each, ... so I decided to go this route.
Pmpn8ez runs this Vred size combo with his 3 pce wheels and it looks sweet!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Chrome or polished. Likely chrome. Never had anything but polished on my vehicles so might be nice to have something a bit different than stock (plus I'll have the stockers on as my winters :)

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Awesome I can't wait to see pics of the wheels and tires on your jeep!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
265/315.
I was trying to explain my thinking for making the choice I did. I am guessing that other guys might be going through the same thing....

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sweet. When I go with 22's, I plan on running the same sizes myself.
Definitely want to see these on the truck.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Awesome tires...I run Vreds on my 20's and love them. The staggered look should look killer!

Post up some pics when the rims come in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts