Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Those of you who live on the east coast.

Is anyone else noticing a leaner WOT over the past few days...It got cold out all of the sudden around here in Maryland. Now im seeing lean AFR numbers at just about all rpms above 3500.

totally frustrated because just a week ago I had my toon nailed down almost perfectly! All last week and the week before I saw CONSISTANT 11.3`s AFR at all RPMS. Now its slightly leaner, and seems to lean out even more as the RPMS climb. I let off as soon as I notice the lean numbers... But damn! I only get 2 weeks of a stable toon? :(

Now time to make some more revisions...:boohoo:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
That's normal with colder temps bro.... I notice the same thing out here in Chicago with these cooler temps... At this point you have to add fuel across the board yourself..

·
Marathon Man
3,229 Posts
Its in the 40's here today. My injectors are maxed out in the cold weather. Which is why I've been wanting to upgrade to the 80 psi race injectors and dual fuel pumps.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Guys, what is the "range" for exceptable (FI)? 11 to 12, with 11.5 perfect? It seems like everytime I go WOT it's a little different (not very often). What's the OH SH!T # you want to lift immediately at? anything above 12.?

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Dude I thing something is up with mine too .. went lean so I adjusted the fuel .. but before wot shots I see it going lean ... Injectors maxed out maybe ?? Now Scam its normal to go lean on colder weather .. either adjust it yourself OT ask toona to do it ... WTF man this is important things you should of known already lol

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I already knew Paulo.... I just didn't think it would go from 11.3's to 11.9's... Big jump in AFR for only a 25* temperature drop...

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
the temps in ny got allot cooler. did a wot run a day or 2 ago and my a/f seems to be about the same when it was 89-90 *

·
Registered
265 Posts
Thats normal for these apps, specially forced induction, cooler air = denser air = more oxygen which will lean you out, an NA app is ok with this but forced induction does need some additional fuel added for cooler temps.
Ideally on a forced induction if you start seeing things go past high 11's i would lift.
You always want the richest spot to be at peak torque 4-5k before and after that it is ok to be a little leaner as fueling should follow your torque curve.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
I am convinced :) BAP Is garbage and i will no WOT my jeep till i get a double pump hat in there ..

Reactions: PSU SRT

·
Registered
265 Posts
I am convinced :) BAP Is garbage and i will no WOT my jeep till i get a double pump hat in there ..
A BAP is really just a band aid solution to a fuel pump that cant keep up, never been a fan of them things. Fueling is quite a vital part in the equation and IMHO there is no reason to skimp in the fueling setup, specially on forced induction applications.
Proper pump, lines and injectors should be mandatory :)

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Based on advice from here, when we installed the maggie, I paid more for a KB BAP as it was supposedly the best. Now it looks like I should have went with a better pump.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My Kenne belle BAP has lasted so far... Been over 10Kmiles by now. If it goes I will definitely upgrade the pumps.

^ Thanks for the Info Johan. That last revision you gave me where you added half a point of fuel for the cold weather was perfect. That cooler weather had a LOT more oxygen in it! But it's running real good now. Lovin the cold air :bigthumb:

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
My Kenne belle BAP has lasted so far... Been over 10Kmiles by now. If it goes I will definitely upgrade the pumps.

^ Thanks for the Info Johan. That last revision you gave me where you added half a point of fuel for the cold weather was perfect. That cooler weather had a LOT more oxygen in it! But it's running real good now. Lovin the cold air :bigthumb:
Glad to hear you're back to where you should be! Just store separate hot-weather and cold-weather tunes in your Predator to account for the different fuel trims and you should be all set... ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts