Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha logged my tune from Johan last night and was hitting 12.5* KNK LT and up to 5-6* on ST.. :(

Told the Mrs this and she couldn't get over the fact there's a retard in my engine taking power! Haha!

Tho I'd say the retard could be our awesome dealers in Australia and the fact they haven't replaced both sensors yet after throwing the same code over and over!:mad:

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
Ur truck used? Maybe the sensors are no bueno?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Johan and I reckon it's got nothing to do with tune, due to throwing the same code a few times about a month ago, so it will be back to dealer again for them to hopefully just put two new sensors in! Always use 98 fuel, just had major service and both heads were off due to head gaskets going after I only had it for 6hrs!
So looking like sensors..

KNK LT only gets that high during WOT, nothing on ST, and normal driving is no LT at all.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Did you try stock tune and see if you get that much LT knock.
I though LT knock is terrible. ST lock is acceptable to a certain amount.
Funny title.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From memory I think it was still there...will do a quick log as I gotta put the stock tune in for the dealer anyway..

Haha yeah as soon as said the knock sensor is retarding the spark and basically dropping power in the aim of safety, she cracked up and wouldn't stop talking about the retard lol

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
What do you mean the head gaskets went after six hours?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly that...picked it up from car yard after lunch and that evening it was rooted! Cooked and boiling over! So was on the truck to Jeep dealer the next morning, and spent 66days there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts