Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took delivery of a Black 2012, debaged it immediately and am looking for ideas on how to get rid of the faux chrome piece across the back with the JEEP logo embossed in it?

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Just took delivery of a Black 2012, debaged it immediately and am looking for ideas on how to get rid of the faux chrome piece across the back with the JEEP logo embossed in it?
Curious to see what replies you get. I think the first few modders here have painted it black.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
There is a carbon fiber option coming out shortly if it isn't available already from Black Ops. I think you can get it with or without the Jeep logo.

Reactions: PorscheMan

· Registered
5,046 Posts
Black Ops is doing with logo first.

· Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
They're a non-supporting vendor, so we can't list the website here. The company is <REMOVED>, google should be able to help you out. ;)
Chad said they will be ready shortly. They are going to be available with and without the Jeep logo.

· Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had a thought, what's under that piece, is there a web site to get the diagram of parts on the tailgate or do you have to go to a dealer to see their diagrams?

· Registered
419 Posts
"Jeep" should not appear anywhere on that vehicle especially now since SRT is its own brand. If they want to strengthen the brand name then they should also do that across the board. No mention of Chrysler or Dodge anywhere either.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
467 Posts
"Jeep" should not appear anywhere on that vehicle especially now since SRT is its own brand.
Ummmmm, but....it's made by Jeep and Chrysler. Now I could understand taking off the Grand Cherokee badge, but for me the Jeep needs to stay.

· Registered
419 Posts
Ummmmm, but....it's made by Jeep and Chrysler. Now I could understand taking off the Grand Cherokee badge, but for me the Jeep needs to stay.
I've worked in sales & marketing for awhile so this type of thing bothers me. My point on this is that it's inconsistent brand marketing. Check http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Pages/The-Brands.aspx . Jeep and SRT are separate brands of Chrysler Group LLC. SRT was formerly a division with a trim level (SRT 4/6/8) applied to various other Brands (Dodge, Jeep, etc.). They made a point to call SRT out separately now.

On one hand they're still applying the trim level SRT8 to different models but on the other they have the 2013 SRT Viper. No Dodge associated this time.

Whatever models they put out they should own them (SRT).

· Registered
467 Posts
I've worked in sales & marketing for awhile so this type of thing bothers me. My point on this is that it's inconsistent brand marketing. Check http://www.chryslergroupllc.com/company/Pages/The-Brands.aspx . Jeep and SRT are separate brands of Chrysler Group LLC. SRT was formerly a division with a trim level (SRT 4/6/8) applied to various other Brands (Dodge, Jeep, etc.). They made a point to call SRT out separately now.

On one hand they're still applying the trim level SRT8 to different models but on the other they have the 2013 SRT Viper. No Dodge associated this time.

Whatever models they put out they should own them (SRT).

I sort of agree, but the logic doesn't follow with the Viper example. There is no non-SRT version of the Viper, it's only an SRT car whereas the Jeep GC there is a non-SRT version.

I've had this same debate with guys years ago over a limited version of the Firebird that was produced from 93-02. SLP (Street Legal Performance) took Firebirds (and also a Camaro version) and altered them to produce the Firebird Formula Firehawk, the Firebird Trans Am Firehawk. People wanted GM/SLP to drop the Firebird name and just call them Firehawks. My argument was the same as here. What is the origin of the car? The origin means a lot. Regarding the Pontiac, the origin was a Pontiac Firebird, here the origin is a Jeep GC. You can't change that and that's why it should be branded a Jeep. As I said earlier, the Viper is different because the origin of the Viper starts from the ground up as an SRT vehicle whereas the others don't.

Just my opinion and how I read the situation.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Whoops...wrong thread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.