Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did use search, but can't find all the facts............
How is the best way to remove the "Jeep" emblems?

·
Registered
418 Posts
use flos line for the badge and heat gun to remove the sticky part...i dont get it why remove the badges? Its not that hard to figure out that its a Jeep lol.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Hair dryer or heatgun on low, fishing line or dental floss & a pair of gloves. Remove any residue with goo gone or similar (not gas) than a coat of wax.

Jim

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
use flos line for the badge and heat gun to remove the sticky part...i dont get it why remove the badges? Its not that hard to figure out that its a Jeep lol.
Are yours still on?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I used some goo be gone and a heat gun and soft plastic scraper work like a charm

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks 1000X better, cleaner, meaner, etc without Jeep badges. Just don't get rid of the SRT8 badge!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I'm gonna remove them this week. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Do you guys leave the SRT8 badges on there?

·
Registered
232 Posts
i took the front JEEP letters off but left the rest. looks cleaner upfront. not many people know its a Jeep or what SRT means

·
Registered
665 Posts
"Badges! We don't need no stinking Badges" forgot the movie just remember the line . 99.9 % of cars look better without them .

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Heat gun and a flathead screwdriver whose tip is covered by a microfiber towel.

·
Registered
965 Posts
First and foremost dont remove the SRT badge cmon man.. Like Joe wrote above flat head screwdriver is effective with some type of heat gun. I used goo gone as well which helped remove any residue left behind then give it a little wax and your set.
BE SURE THAT THE HEAD OF THE SCREWDRIVER IS COMPLETELY COVERED BY MICROFIBER THE LAST THING YOU WANT IS TO SCRATCH THROUGH THE CLEAR COAT.
It is very easy to do

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
i actually used an old credit card. it worked well with no heat.

·
That'l Buff Out
1,559 Posts
use a credit card and goo gone, works amazing, better safe than sorry and works just as good. Also noticed no one has said this yet but if your badge has been on for a while its gunna leave a shadow of where the badge was. Grab some polish, even applied by hand to get rid of that ghost and make it nice and even, like it wasnt even there. Then throw some wax over the top and your set, shinny and badgeless :D.

edit*, heres a picture of mine from a while back, right after i took another badge off, looked completely clean and nothing on the paint. Threw on fax and this is what i saw haha. I think it looks pretty cool in the pic though.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Looks 1000X better, cleaner, meaner, etc without Jeep badges. Just don't get rid of the SRT8 badge!
True statement. Exactly how mine is.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for the help!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.