Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello everyone i'm kinda new to this forum but not new to the car scene, my question is:

is the WK2 SRT8 less reliable than the WK1 SRT8? i currently own a 2010 jeep srt8 and i punish this jeep everyday without any issues whatsoever and i have 19k miles on it.

ive been thinking about picking up a WK2 srt8 in red or mineral gray but when i read this problems that people are having it makes me think its not worth it until they work out all these problems. thanks and any feedback is appreciated

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Long term reliability there is no data yet ;)

I've been problem free and am at 6k miles. I think it'll hold up just fine. I put a hard 70k on my WK1 and nothing but regular maintenance. Theres been a couple things here and there, but IMO there hasn't been any real problems yet with the WK2. Just a couple small things that were easy fixes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I think that if you take the time to look thru the posts on issues concerning the WK1's, you'll agree that it's pretty well a coin toss. I never had any "major" issues with my Charger, but recurring minor ones. Loose front end clunking, windows that needed track lubing every yr, etc...

I think it's still too soon to know what, if any, glaring faults the 2012's will have. In the end however, it prolly depends on whether the workers on the line had too much to drink the night before etc. :p

· Registered
37 Posts
I also own a 2010 SRT8 and have been considering a 2012 but after reading problems like bumpers falling off and rattles I also will wait to spend $65,000 on a car that has issues that you would expect from a used clunker! My 2010 has been great and I drive it hard everyday. I have 35,000 miles on it and it runs strong with no issues. I guess its going to be around a bit longer.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Not all have issues...We just hear about them more here since most of us are owners sharing our experiences. I'm at 14.5k miles and still haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Registered
398 Posts
No issues my end, bumper falling off is a bit of an exaggeration. Mine had popped out of its connector and was like it for weeks before someone else on here noticed it. I didn't even realize but dealer resolved during a service.

Personally I had more issues with a vw touareg than I have had with the srt8.

I love it, if ur gonna buy one do it now so u can time it right to upgrade to a supercharged one In 2014 if they come out. :)

Def get mineral grey personally the best colour!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.