Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a big fan of these jeeps for along time and now I'm looking to buy one. there is a 2007 srt-8, which has most of the options except no DVD or Kicker system. It has a little over 100K (most highway mileage) and the maintenance records have been kept since the beginning.

What do you guys think a good price is? and What should I be looking for issue-wise?

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
As stated, the mileage is high. I picked up my 07 this summer with under 14k .. I just hit 17 this week

That being said, it could be a great truck in the end. But I would be sure you got a smoking deal to justify that mileage - HWY or not

·
Registered
143 Posts
As stated, the mileage is high. I picked up my 07 this summer with under 14k .. I just hit 17 this week

That being said, it could be a great truck in the end. But I would be sure you got a smoking deal to justify that mileage - HWY or not
Wow talk about some low miles

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Troy, Michigan I'd say.

Personally I'd look for a lower mileage unit, and 08 - up.

That one sounds like around 20K if its pristine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the responses. The seller is asking for a little over 19k, but I do find the mileage quite high. it seems to be in pristine shape. I haven't seen the interiors on the 08's or higher, but I do like the 2-tone suede/leather interiors on the 07's too.

I know many of u think like to use your srt8's only during the summer, but I would like to be able to use it in the winter too, and was just wondering if it is truely a workhorse and if issues creep up from nowhere!

Are you in canada or the usa? the name whistler suggests you may be from BC?
Sorry mate, but from the US. ;)
Although I've always like the name Whistler and would like to visit Whistler someday.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
If you get decent tires then winter driving is not an issue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check out the 2010 for only $33K, just posted today. Seems to be one of the best bargains I have seen in a while - I think it has about 32K miles. Check the older posts by the seller -seems to be a stand up kinda guy, who really liked his jeep, and probably treated it respectfully. Wish I wasn't so far away........

Reactions: whistler

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
High mileage is not a huge problem if the jeep was properly taken care of, which is key...I would be more worried of a lower mileage vehicle that was beaten to death. So be sure to check out the vehicle's history at whatever mileage you get. Nowadays, if price is an issue, you can get an srt8 jeep with high mileage in the late teens and have extra money to put down for maintenance and upgrades later and not have to worry too much about depreciation which is inevitable.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just hit 150,000 miles in my 2007 Jeep and it still runs VERY strong. I have had zero issues with it. The only thing thats been replaced are the tires and I got cross drillled rotors. I am VERY happy with my Jeep and would recommend getting one... even a high milage one if taken care of.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
My 07, purchased 1 yr ago with 2k on it was about $20k more than the one you're looking at.

If I had to do it again, I'd buy high mileage, replace motor and tranny with a new stroker and paramount tranny and still have $$$$ left over for some turbos.

High miles will nickel and dime you eventually, no way around it, but it takes a lot of nickels to reach the $20k you're saving.

The other side of the coin - I bought a 5yr 100k warranty with mine, so it is literally better than new.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Like 20K at the most I would say.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.