Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a close-up picture of the base of the rear wiper? I think the oxygen theif that painted my car left off the rubber gasket. This guy is about as f'd up as a football bat.

Eric

·
http://www.cagannyc.com
1,737 Posts
Does anyone have a close-up picture of the base of the rear wiper? I think the oxygen theif that painted my car left off the rubber gasket. This guy is about as f'd up as a football bat.

Eric
Hey man, got this online but it is the same... I hope u make this guy pay for all this!!! either with $$ or else!

Attachments

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the picture, but I was hoping to see more detail of where the base touches the hatch. On mine, there is a gap now between the wiper base and the hatch, and I just couldn't remember if there was a rubber gasket there or not.

This guy is so lazy, I'm thinking he just didn't put it on when he repainted the hatch. I could go on and on about all the things he screwed up, but that will wait for another thread when I post up the name and pictures of his shop. I would hate to have someone else fall victim to this lying, incompetent, ham-fisted shuckster.

Thanks again.

Eric

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Don't remember a gasket.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks. Mine has a major gap under it, so that means the idiot at the body shop couldn't install it properly. It seems like every time I look at it, I find something else that he f*#$ed up.

Eric

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
OK, thanks. Mine has a major gap under it, so that means the idiot at the body shop couldn't install it properly. It seems like every time I look at it, I find something else that he f*#$ed up.

Eric
Sorry to hear!
To remove the cap comes off the wiper arm( has a little recess that a screwdriver can be used to pop it off. Then remove a nut and the arm Will come off. Then should be a plastic nut that holds the base. The motor is stationary so don't worry about it going anywhere. This is the best I could remember when I removed mine for paint.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Gap looks ok to me. Same as mine & I know mine hasn't been off.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Dont mean to threadjack, but bee3633, do you have a farther away picture of your rear wiper painted like that?? Looks sick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts