Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Tread Revival Here

Still at a loss guys.
Can anyone think of any reason for this loss?
Happened right after res delete.
Still feel lost torque.
Johan says looks good.
Need oil change other then that can only blame reso delete.
Did you figure out the problem? Did you put the resos back?
I'm thinking of deleting mine too. In case I do not find some magnapacks to patch in...
Did you kilometers per gallons change as a result of the delete?

·
Thread Derailer
5,099 Posts
My belief is proper sized exhaust creates gas velocity leaving the motor and that scavenging affect improves bottom end torque. An X pipe or H pipe also helps increase this effect. If your exhaust system is too small you'll lose horsepower on the other end as your exhaust just isn't capable of getting rid of all the gas fast enough thus creating back pressure as rpms increase. If your exhaust is too big (more specifically primary diameters) any gains you may see will be horsepower on the top end but at the expense of lower rpm torque which is what you feel in your butt when you hit it. Like a few guys have said, I'd want to make real sure you have actually lost anything in the way of 0-60 and that it's not something else unrelated. I don't see in your forum signature that you're running headers. I'm not a mechanic but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Also curious if the times improved. No rear mufflers on mine either. Has anyone measured the the piping that goes into the muffler and the inner diameter of the stock tips to make sure they are 2.75"?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Man I hate drone. If I was in your shoes I would put resos back on and delete mufflers and install x-pipe. Did that on mine and I love it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No way removing the resonators cost you like that. Do you have track numbers to back this up?? If your using the EVIC there are too many factors that can impact the results. I was basically stock and removed my rear resonators and all it did was sound better. Tune, UD pulley, cai, res delete and Id run 12.6-12.8 at the track all day

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also removed rear (resonators mufflers whichever) basically for sound stock exhaust set up was too quiet sounds better to me without being to loud cheap also installed AFE cold air intake and just ran it no racing or data logging eventually I did run a 2018 Audi S6 w/a rolling start 40 mph I held my own to about 120 mph and he ran me down so I took it to a tuner what I was told was that for modern cars mopars especially any bolt on mod needs to be accompanied by an ECM recalibration We needed to change spark plugs then retune on AWD chassis Dyno gained almost 40 ftp and 20 hp at the wheels so what I learned was that the mods I did didn’t help performance without a tune some would say that the mods without a tune will hurt performance because the the factory tune is designed specifically for a factory set up

21 - 27 of 27 Posts