Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Just wondering if you turn the rear o2's ON, how long will it take for the rear o2's to go into the ready state? Or will it never happen because I am getting a code? I have driven 130 miles at least and have never seen the solid check engine light on my Jeep when I turn it in the ON position and count to 15....

Has anyone on here actually checked this out on a stock Jeep before and how many miles or key turns did it take for you?

Thanks!

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
did you get a printed receipt with the reasons you did not pass?
Yup will post it up later on tonite.... It said I had no DTC code or a MIL...It said Cat efficency NOT ready and Oxygen Sensor NOT ready....I had 88.6 miles on my current tune since the last time I cleared the codes....

Have you ever had to go to pass inspection yet?

· Registered
792 Posts
Subscribe to this info.
When do you have to go get it done? Would like to know what your doing since I'm thinking of getting headers. But if you can't pass it them I'm going to plan B lol. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Subscribe to this info.
When do you have to go get it done? Would like to know what your doing since I'm thinking of getting headers. But if you can't pass it them I'm going to plan B lol. Let me know how it goes.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
I have until the end of this month....

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
You have anyone with a Snap-On scanner hook up to it??

You'll need to have all sensors "Ready" and "Passed" to get the solid check engine light.

As I verified with a Snap-On scanner "Ready" and "Not Completed" will not give you a solid light....and will not pass for that matter.

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have anyone with a Snap-On scanner hook up to it??

You'll need to have all sensors "Ready" and "Passed" to get the solid check engine light.

As I verified with a Snap-On scanner "Ready" and "Not Completed" will not give you a solid light....and will not pass for that matter.
Thanks Dan might have to do that!

did you run it by johan?
No I have not yet....

· Registered
331 Posts
Jose did you get talk to johan yet?

im under the impression something can be done. I was over 200 miles with my current tune rears on and still had no CEL and the trinity saw no codes. I have been playing around with different things...

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts

im under the impression something can be done. I was over 200 miles with my current tune rears on and still had no CEL and the trinity saw no codes. I have been playing around with different things...

Real question is....when you turn the key to the on position, don't start, wait 15 seconds it to chime, does the Check Engine light stay steady or does it flash?

If it flashes....you will not pass.

Just because there is no check engine doesn't mean you will pass.
Fairly certain in IL that your sensors need to read "Ready" and "Passed" to successfully pass emissions.
"Ready" and "Not Completed" will not pass and your check engine light will flash if you do the check engine light thing I mentioned above. I verified this with a Snap-On scanner hooked up to my jeep.

Luckily, emissions isn't a statewide thing in IL.

· Registered
331 Posts
Real question is....when you turn the key to the on position, don't start, wait 15 seconds it to chime, does the Check Engine light stay steady or does it flash?

If it flashes....you will not pass.

Just because there is no check engine doesn't mean you will pass.
Fairly certain in IL that your sensors need to read "Ready" and "Passed" to successfully pass emissions.
"Ready" and "Not Completed" will not pass and your check engine light will flash if you do the check engine light thing I mentioned above. I verified this with a Snap-On scanner hooked up to my jeep.

Luckily, emissions isn't a statewide thing in IL.

Do not bring in your logic and correct information into this :)

Just so happens that 60098 is non emissions and my mom/dad just so happen to live in woodstock;)

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Do not bring in your logic and correct information into this :)

Just so happens that 60098 is non emissions and my mom/dad just so happen to live in woodstock;)

LOL. Seems like the guys who have passed with headers must live in states that use different software vs. IL.

Or if their jeeps react different, like an 06 where the spacers/anti-foulers work.

Being in a part of the state that doesn't require testing is definitely the way to go. Nothing to worry about then.

BTW, I met a guy at Bull Valley Ford who knows you.....not sure if he told you or not. Was there buying a truck in the summer.

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Yeah I have a tune from Johan with the rear o2's ON Tim. I also have a set of foulers on my rear o2's on as well. Did you already go in for testing or did you move to Woodstock? Also like Dan says do you have a solid check engine light when you turn your key to the ON position ( 15 seconds after)?

17,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
Jose text sent bro...

Dan, He works at Bull Valley or random guy? I feel left out nobody told me :(

He works there. Sales guy.....maybe in his 20s. His uncle does the financing.....or at least that is what he did for us. Can't remember his name at all. He was talking about my lifted truck and I said I had a jeep SRT8 and he asked of I knew who you were.

· Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Jose, you also should have Johan put all your sensors back to stock settings. I remember reading that if your misfire or tstat thresholds are raised it will not go ready either. Give it a whirl and see if it helps bro.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.