Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never have liked the rear fog lights on the GC SRT8, so I decided to try to make some covers.

I made a template and decided to use a smoked bubbled license plate cover, yes because its cheap and easy to work with.

Use my Dremel to cut the shape out, it will take 2 license plate covers as one isn't large enough.

Here's the cover during the test fit before I scuffed, primed, painted and cleared them.

The covers after I painted and cleared... I know it's not a great photo.

Now for the finished covers on the vehicle. I used double sided tape and I feel they turned out pretty good. Let me know what you think...

I think I like them.....

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
interesting..... finished product looks good

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I never have, I've seen plenty of GC SRT8's with the rear fogs lite and working. And plenty of other vehicles with the rear bumper fog lights/ brake lights that work. I just have never liked them on any of the vehicles with them, just don't liked how they look, maybe I'm the only one and thats cool.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that, looks very good... I wanted it to be body color and didn't want to take the bumper off to get at the lenses. I would have just done the lenses if not for that. But Im happy with what I came up with.

Im sure its not for everyone, but Im also sure there's a few out there that will like them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, yes I think it's very clean looking. I really like the fit and finish, and I was very surprised that it came out so well using the perfect match Dupli-color

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice work!! End result looks good just to me the lights hooked up look better but I also have a blk truck with blacked out lights so I guess I got the best of both.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I will say if I had a blk truck I would have just had them tinted. This was something I had in my head and decided to act on it! If these were available on the market I feel more people would try them

·
Registered
207 Posts
clean mod......another mod on my list

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think these look awesome man in my personal opinion, pretty sick
Thank you for the great comment, I'm thinking about pulling them back off. The lower part of the lights are more recessed then the upper part. So I'm going to see if there's something I can add to the back of the cover. Or just add another strip of double sided tape to make up the difference. Right now I'm leaning towards adding some kind of material on the cover or light lense to build it up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.