Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey fellas i think i need new rear bumpstops, i bottom out more often than i should, then when i went to put on my R1's i noticed the bumpstops were gone from the tower, and found on the other side the bumpstop was gone as well and found a piece of it inside the spring, i believe my set up is original stock. here is an eh not too bad pic of it in the background..
also where can i get new ones or better ones for the stock set up?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for bumpstops

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
BUMPstop this one for me too !

I've been through endless bumpstop threads .. im lost b/c I had my eibachs installed and am now unsure exactly what the shop did as some parts were used and some not :(

in for some info on this one !

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeesh BUMPSTOP!!! FOLKS can we get some assistance lol

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
Hey fellas i think i need new rear bumpstops, i bottom out more often than i should, then when i went to put on my R1's i noticed the bumpstops were gone from the tower, and found on the other side the bumpstop was gone as well and found a piece of it inside the spring, i believe my set up is original stock. here is an eh not too bad pic of it in the background..
also where can i get new ones or better ones for the stock set up?

yeesh BUMPSTOP!!! FOLKS can we get some assistance lol

For you:

http://www.moparonlineparts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=214954&chapter=&Sectionids=24,2788&groupid=20135&subgroupid=60178&componentid=0&make=17&model=Grand Cherokee&year=2007&graphicID=T048110&callout=4&catalogid=1&displayCatalogid=0

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
BUMPstop this one for me too !

I've been through endless bumpstop threads .. im lost b/c I had my eibachs installed and am now unsure exactly what the shop did as some parts were used and some not :(

in for some info on this one !

And for you...

For the rear Eibach sends you a big spacer/tower, a small cup and a bumpstop.

DO NOT install the big spacer/tower.

DO install the small cup and bumpstop.

From this thread:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56164&highlight=eibach+spring+install

And another usefull thread:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45525&highlight=eibach+spring+install

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
you rock !! definitely need to go back to the shop and have that taken out ... my back cant handle this any longer lol

Big thanks again !! :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
Just a thought has anyone called and tell Eibach to stop sending the large spacers ?

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
My bumpstop is busted in rear too, how do I change it , im looking at it now, thx. I got it , PITA but it's done w/o dropping the rear spring.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Nobody has tried to install a set of air bumpstops yet? You can get them for like $100...

I don't know if there is room, or how one would install them but with all of the complaints, I figured I would mention them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts