Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed, but I need to get my rear brake pads out to replace them, and on the passenger rear, the bottom pin in the caliper runs into the steel brake line, and I can't get the pin out.

Of course it would solve the problem by loosening the bolt and moving the steel line a pinch to get the pin out, but I imagine I'll have to bleed that line when I'm done, and I don't have any knowledge on bleeding brakes. I'm just wondering if there is a shortcut that has been used, to finagle that pin out without moving the brake line.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks guys. I guess I'll just pull the caliper itself off the rotor.

·
Administrator
6,373 Posts
I had the same problem with that caliper, but just nudged the brake line out of the way gently. No problems doing that.

Bernie

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bernie,

I didn't realize I posted it in the wrong section, sorry about that. I'll finagle it out somehow, I appreciate the response :)

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Removing the caliper will not help at all, the line will stay with it. Grab it with vice grips, gently, and bend it up out of the way. Just enough though. I literally did this last week.

A week later and my new brakes are squeaking like a mother again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.