Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front Brembos clear coat started flaking off a while ago Leaving a dull chalky look. Today, I tried fixing it.

I removed the wheels and scraped off the flaking clear coat with a Scotchbrite pad. I then cleaned the surface with a degreaser and masked off the rotors and other exposed brake pad areas.

I then sprayed 4 coats of Duplicolor high temp engine enamel. Turned out great! There was very minor orange peel to the new clear, but you can’t really see it since it’s behind the wheels. Gone is the dull areas, and now it’s all glossy. I’d post pics, but forgot to document the process. I’ll try and get some AFTER pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, That looks awesome! Fortunately, mine was only peeling on the flat surface where the BREMBO logo is, so I masked around the flats and only sprayed those areas. My DIY job isn’t as glossy and has a very slight orange peel because I didn’t wet sand after, but I figured it wouldn’t be as noticeable because it’s hidden behind the wheels and will be covered with brake dust and road debris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts