Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't tell where the noise is coming from but I have a rattle under slight accel. It's only from 1,000 to 1,500 rpms and it's only coming from the left front of the Jeep. I can't hear it when the windows are rolled up. I had taken it to the Jeep dealership and had one of their techs look at it. First thing he did was hit on the converters and it rattled a bit. I thought thats what it was but it didn't seem loud enough. They replaced the converters and it didn't help. It's been going on for some thime now and it's a real pita. Its an 06 with 43k.

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it's not the cats. Cats had a rattle and the dealer replaced them, well rattle is still there and yay now I have an exhaust leak.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Make sure all the bolts are tight. There shouldn't be any leaks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Make sure all the bolts are tight. There shouldn't be any leaks.

Yeah I went and checked the bolts that connected to the cat-back. One seemed real loose and I tightened it. No more leak for now. I still have that stupid rattle though. Its underneath the Jeep. Who knows?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
I had the same thing in my 08, it was either the mufflers or resonators

Probably something loose inside one of the two

Got fixed by installing a B&B catback :D

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
HP - how loud is it? Maybe try to get a video of it to post. I have heard of some guys temporarily mounting a GoPro camera under the vehicle and drive it. It helps find squeaks, rattles and stuff that don't happen while just sitting still.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HP - how loud is it? Maybe try to get a video of it to post. I have heard of some guys temporarily mounting a GoPro camera under the vehicle and drive it. It helps find squeaks, rattles and stuff that don't happen while just sitting still.
It's pretty loud. If the drivers window is up and the passenger window is down you really can't hear it, only when the drivers window is down is when I hear it and it's all the time. I mainly hear it when I'm on normal take off from around 1,000 to 2,000 rpms and in the same range when I come to a stop. If I rev the motor no rattle at all. I'll see if I can get it on video later this week.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Problem solved. Took left front wheel of and found the little dust shield behind rotor had a rock stuck to it that was bouncing off the rotor. The rock had tar like substance stuck to it.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Great news. Feels good to resolve something like that doesn't it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts