Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had all the chrome painted on my jeep black, in the process I noticed two black boxes above front bumper chrome lip...sensors? Idk what it is but I also have one and the rear license plate. No mechanic seems to know what they are. I also found a phone wire tucked in my dash? Do they go together? I bought the jeep in dec 06 with 1700 miles. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Possibly radar receivers from an installed detector or jammed. Post pics of them.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I'd say for sure it's a radar system. Google a passport 9500ci radar.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup it's that exact system, why would they leave all the sensors? Now he has te interface and I have the rest....seems pointless. Thanks for your help, I was going crazy!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Yup it's that exact system, why would they leave all the sensors? Now he has te interface and I have the rest....seems pointless. Thanks for your help, I was going crazy!
Yeah, that doesn't really make any sense to take a portion of it and not all of it? Those system are not cheap either lol. I can only image that it'd be a kick-butt radar when it's up and running. I was going to go that route but I just stuck with a passport 9500xi direct wired in. It works amazing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy crap, I just looked it up...1300-1700 for the system!! Now this guy just seems stupid that he left half of it. Inwas gonna trash them, maybe I'll post them and see I anybody wants them. I'm sure they get broken or fly of with crappy installation lol

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Holy crap, I just looked it up...1300-1700 for the system!! Now this guy just seems stupid that he left half of it. Inwas gonna trash them, maybe I'll post them and see I anybody wants them. I'm sure they get broken or fly of with crappy installation lol
Get some pictures up of them. If they are operation and you have no use for them they are compatible as add ons to other passport radars. You could possibly sell them then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts