Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to cecil after the rain last night. they wouldnt let us run past the 1/8th but i did get 3 runs in for a baseline.

Ran two 8.18s and a 8.17 @ 84 mph. DA was around +1000. All i did for track prep was removed the ABS fuse. It was my first time taking this jeep to the track as ive only had it a year. i had two 1.76 sixty foots and a 1.77. there was some wheel spin off the line. Jeep was in autostick.

Mods: FRI littleboy +4, Bwoody intake, 180 thermo, muffler and reso delete with a Magnaflow X pipe, Hemifever tune.

Next id like to add a mopar tcm to help with the crappy shifts. especially 2-3. think i should use the stock shift points or try 6400?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Not bad for 1000 DA..... Still have to run mine with the Little Boy as well...... Your 1/4 was probably around a 12.7 to 12.8 I would think....

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
That 1/8 converts you to around 12.80/[email protected]+ , Going by 1000DA Flat your correct times would be . 12.682 @ 105.05 MPH . do you happen to be running a AFR Gauge ? Seams a shy too weak for Having the CAM and looks like you have more on the table IMO

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
Nice times but think with the cam + the other mods i think you would of been a little better. Listen to PAULO AND JOSE THEY NO THAT CAM. Last time out at +2059 ft i ran [email protected] with my 2 mods.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Exactly Jim , I've witnesses Mike's Lilboy jeep with ported intake / magnaflow Y pipe / Borla S / intake and johans tune (afr gauge also ) on street 93 tune go [email protected] on a 90* weather and 2400DA . had more timing left on the table but he didn't want to push it .

·
Premium Member
5,199 Posts
maybee his jeep was built my the same machine as mine.lol.!!

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
exactly jim , i've witnesses mike's lilboy jeep with ported intake / magnaflow y pipe / borla s / intake and johans tune (afr gauge also ) on street 93 tune go [email protected] on a 90* weather and 2400da . Had more timing left on the table but he didn't want to push it .
Paulo his tune says himifever tune whos that by?

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
maybee his jeep was built my the same machine as mine.lol.!!
JOE i called you to see if you raced at englishtown today? I brought up 1320 and they did race today but there not on line now at 7:39pm your time.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tune is very conservative. There is more left on the table for sure. Like I said I just wanted to get a baseline. My buddies jeep runs 12.3 with the same mods (cobrakid) and we run dead even to 100. This is just a email tune like toona does. I may end up dyno tuning it after a few more mods

Reactions: A.V.GCSRT8

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much timing do you guys run?

·
Registered
6,991 Posts
The tune is very conservative. There is more left on the table for sure. Like I said I just wanted to get a baseline. My buddies jeep runs 12.3 with the same mods (cobrakid) and we run dead even to 100. This is just a email tune like toona does. I may end up dyno tuning it after a few more mods
Ok it sounds more like it as i no with those mods and a good tune you should be in the 7.70s / 7.80s in the 1/8 mile in good DA as im in the 7.90s in good DA. Now my tune is a street tune as its my wifes daily driver as i dont have a race tune. I am about as fast as i can go with a street tune as my 1/8 converts to a 12.47 1/4 i just may get ADAM @ ST MOTORSPORTS to dyno me a race tune on 93 gas as i run mostly on 91 gas.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
How much timing do you guys run?
I am running 24* at WOT and I am barely getting any ST knock.... I get around .5* of ST Knock.... How about you?

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jose is your little boy advanced or straight up? Im not sure I text my tuner to see what it is. I know on a 90 degree day I had no KR so im sure it could be bumped up some.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My timing is only 21 deg...

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Do you have and AFR gauge ?

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Jose is your little boy advanced or straight up? Im not sure I text my tuner to see what it is. I know on a 90 degree day I had no KR so im sure it could be bumped up some.
Mine is the 0* Little Boy cam and its installed straight up..... 21* at WOT is nothing you must be on your first starter tune then.....

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know should I just dyno tune it at HHP? Let me get some real passes in then ill go from there

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes I have an AFR gauge. Hemifever has always tuned my stuff. I come from the dodge ram truck world. Alot of the trucks he tunes hold records including my old one so he knows his stuff.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Yes I have an AFR gauge. Hemifever has always tuned my stuff. I come from the dodge ram truck world. Alot of the trucks he tunes hold records including my old one so he knows his stuff.
Are you actually logging your AFR on a Trinity? Mine tune IMO is better dialed in then if it was on a Dyno because mine is real world driving... Is this a starter tune or has Hemifever done a few revisions for you?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts