Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys been working on this for a couple days before I posted anything to make sure it was legit and not just a fluke. So I used the file Johan created for us to raise the shift points in the MTCM but did it to the stock tcm. I didnt think it would work with the stock tcm but it did. I get anywhere from 6320-6395 shifts 1st thru 5th on average. 1st gear sometimes shifts at its stock point of 6200 but most of the time goes to atleast 6320. All the other gears do it consistantly. It shifts higher in D and also in autostick. 1st gear in D can be a little less consistant almost like its fighting itself but does do it quite well. Talking with Johan he said he tried it on a few year jeeps and it didnt work. Maybe im just lucky IDK but figured I would post my findings. the pics below are proof of it but these are my highest ive seen. As with the MTCM it seems the more you beat on it the better it is. I would still recommend the MTCM over the stock one because it still acts like stock just revs higher before shifting and the MTCM is definately more consistant in all gears

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
I thought about the same thing bro..... Might have to give it a try tonite......

Thanks!

17,142 Posts
no prob man, Johan told me not to try it as there was no point but I did it anyway lol glad I did was a nice surprise Johan couldnt believe it worked either
Cool! Will keep you posted......

· Premium Member
3,237 Posts
Nice find man :cheers:

· Registered
802 Posts
Interesting...

· "guy with the crazy Jeep"
4,868 Posts
There is a lot more variables in the TCM cal then just shift points. Doing this to a stock TCM will not last long. It will re-learn back to stock in no time.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

4,868 Posts
Another real concern is with only raising shift points and not the TCM max rpm setting could cause a dangerous limp mode condition. The only way to clear that is with a key cycle. You really want that happening on a public road?

· Registered
11,229 Posts

17,142 Posts
Another real concern is with only raising shift points and not the TCM max rpm setting could cause a dangerous limp mode condition. The only way to clear that is with a key cycle. You really want that happening on a public road?

Wouldn't setting the Rev limiter in drive take care of this issue Brian? Would think the stock TCM rev limiter might be around 67xx rpm like the Mopar TCM....

4,868 Posts
Wouldn't setting the Rev limiter in drive take care of this issue Brian? Would think the stock TCM rev limiter might be around 67xx rpm like the Mopar TCM....
Rev limiter in drive is on the engine side(PCM).

The TCM has it's own max RPM setting and this modal has the ultimate control over the PCM. Vehicles that experience limp mode issues (like I did for a couple years) is most often triggered by a engine over-speed and the TCM sending out the limp command.

· Registered
284 Posts
great research! good work man!

· Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is a lot more variables in the TCM cal then just shift points. Doing this to a stock TCM will not last long. It will re-learn back to stock in no time.

totally agree, thats why I wanted to make sure I threw the MTCM out there because I dont want people to think its a better option. was worried it might override it and go back to stock also

· Registered
238 Posts
I'm running a 2008 gcsrt8 tcm on my 06 gcsrt8 a have raised the shift points to its max and it seems ok I have been driving this for a week now and no problem it seems to shift at 6400 or somewhere in that range an now the jeep shifts on its own in autostick and with my old tcm it would hit redline and bog dwn that a cool feature the 08 has

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.