Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Love em. 54" I think. The model that comes apart after you drive up on it would be even better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I've used them before and their easy for quick oil change but I think the jeep is too low to drive up on the front tires. Can't do any suspension work with them either

·
Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
i have them. they are awesome!! i use them when changing all fluids. especially oil.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I use em as well, not racecomp brand... but an identical product from napa that cost me 29.95

Make fluid changes a breeze.. although i do need a 2x8 at the base to clear my front lip

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I should pull the trigger, and just make sure I get the ones long enough for proper clearance. I want an easy way to do fluids.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
I looked into these before. Looks like a great product to avoid the hassle of jacks and stands. I was gonna get a set for the front and the kick ups for the rear. Raise the whole jeep effortlessly for fluid changes or other work.

·
The ModMan
5,764 Posts
I use Blitz reno ramps for my truck, those aren't as expensive. They are pretty sturdy. I always put an extra car jack underneath though, just for safety.

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I have the extra long 67" raceramps with extensions for my Roush and Jeep. They work great, wider than my tires, and they never move around.

I also have a set of 74" raceramps for loading my Roush into the car trailer. They are like the service ramps, but have a notch in the front for the trailer door to sit in.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
All in all, its about brand recognition .. you can go for the $350set of Raceramps or $35 for a set of Scepter's ( what i am currently using ) .. both will do the job but its really just personal preference. the only benefit I see would be the 3 piece technology for low riding vehicles.

just one of those personal preference things..

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
All in all, its about brand recognition .. you can go for the $350set of Raceramps or $35 for a set of Scepter's ( what i am currently using ) .. both will do the job but its really just personal preference. the only benefit I see would be the 3 piece technology for low riding vehicles.

just one of those personal preference things..

Agreed, I bought these for the Roush because its extremely low, I let my dad use them for his Vettes too. They are really nice because once the car is in place at the top of the ramp, you can remove the ramp portion to have more room to work around the car.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
i got a set of ramps from pepboys called rhino ramps i think. they cost me $40 and are rated for 12k pounds so i know im good under there. they work fine on the front tires for me even with the bumper as low as it is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts