Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had two races: one from a dig and one from a 40-45 roll. I've got a mopar cai, custom tune, and 180 tstat. He's got a 550 cam, PI heads, king cobra clutch, bbk throttle body, custom tune, underdrive pullies, flowmaster exhaust, short throw shifter, shorty headers, and bullit intake. I let him honk both races. Temperature was about 88. From a dig, I barely won. He's a great driver and had a superb launch. He stayed with me the entire time and by the time we reached 110, his front bumper was literally right beside my passenger side window.

From a roll, I got roasted. He jumped out to two car lengths and I just couldn't catch him. We cut off that race around 100. He's about to add longtube headers since one of his shorty headers is causing an exhaust leak. Time to add a lil boy cam?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
We had two races: one from a dig and one from a 40-45 roll. I've got a mopar cai, custom tune, and 180 tstat. He's got a 550 cam, PI heads, king cobra clutch, bbk throttle body, custom tune, flowmaster exhaust, short throw shifter, shorty headers, and bullit intake. I let him honk both races. Temperature was about 88. From a dig, I barely won. He's a great driver and had a superb launch. He stayed with me the entire time and by the time we reached 110, his front bumper was literally right beside my passenger side window.

From a roll, I got roasted. He jumped out to two car lengths and I just couldn't catch him. We cut off that race around 100. He's about to add longtube headers since one of his shorty headers is causing an exhaust leak. Time to add a lil boy cam?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

How about a blower :D

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Considering his mods vs. yours, and his weight vs. yours I would say this is about what I expected. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
If anybody ever wants to go from a roll tell them thats for nascar or drag boat racing. Most no they cant beat you so there looking for a advantage. Next time give him 1 car length from a dig thats about .15 head start.

·
Registered
814 Posts
roll racing fine if you have it in the right gear
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dz8Crhkg_IA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Another SS Smoke fest Haha

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Start saving! Took me about a year.
Ur a baller! :D

Seems like this is about right... if your looking for quick, relatively cheap power all the time... lilboy will work... I would save up for blower though :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts