Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed this setup Saturday. Bedded using 3 sets of 8 to 10 quick near stops from 60 (my neighbors thought I was nuts), with ~20min cool down between each by driving around without pressing brakes. After final set, parked the Jeep for the night.

Today, took the Jeep out and drove around for awhile. First thoughts are that on initial braking, there is not as much bite but that this feeling quickly goes away after additional brake pressure.

Then I put the car through a series of hard start and stops of different speeds up to 100mph. Brakes felt very solid with none of the initial soft bite feeling. I was timing these stops at a place where I needed to make a u turn to force some pucker factor should the brakes fade too much.

Then I did a few 60 to 0 and used the in-dash gauge. Results were:
1st stop: 135ft
2nd stop: 130ft
3rd stop: 132ft

Each of these stops were cruise at 60 and then mash on brakes letting ABS kick in as needed. I expect these number will get better over the next few weeks. It would be interesting to see what others of you are getting for 60 to 0 numbers.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this setup.

Parts:
PS.58003 Premium-Series Diamond Slotted Disc Brake Rotors:
PS.58004 Premium-Series Diamond Slotted Disc Brake Rotors
309.10530 Stoptech Street Performance Disc Brake Pads
309.11490 Stoptech Street Performance Disc Brake Pads

Reactions: r1concepts

· That guy..
1,281 Posts
Sounds good, I just ordered my front and rear brakes from them tonight!

· Registered
132 Posts
Nice write up. I also have an 09 and I am curious as to what the expected brake life is. I currently have just under 23K. I bought the car about a month ago so I am not sure if it still has the original pads or not.

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess we'll find out what I get with this setup...

My fronts had 25k on them and had less than 2mm on average.
My rears had 37k on them and had about 5mm.

Dealer replaced the fronts at 12k to try and fix the squeal (never did, but I gave up)
I am very hard on brakes... it is like I have a personal mission to beat everyone on the road to the stoplight...

My driving motto: "ON the gas or ON the brakes... coasting is for sissy's"

Nice write up. I also have an 09 and I am curious as to what the expected brake life is. I currently have just under 23K. I bought the car about a month ago so I am not sure if it still has the original pads or not.

· Premium Member
429 Posts
Installed this setup Saturday. Bedded using 3 sets of 8 to 10 quick near stops from 60 (my neighbors thought I was nuts), with ~20min cool down between each by driving around without pressing brakes. After final set, parked the Jeep for the night.

Today, took the Jeep out and drove around for awhile. First thoughts are that on initial braking, there is not as much bite but that this feeling quickly goes away after additional brake pressure.

Then I put the car through a series of hard start and stops of different speeds up to 100mph. Brakes felt very solid with none of the initial soft bite feeling. I was timing these stops at a place where I needed to make a u turn to force some pucker factor should the brakes fade too much.

Then I did a few 60 to 0 and used the in-dash gauge. Results were:
1st stop: 135ft
2nd stop: 130ft
3rd stop: 132ft

Each of these stops were cruise at 60 and then mash on brakes letting ABS kick in as needed. I expect these number will get better over the next few weeks. It would be interesting to see what others of you are getting for 60 to 0 numbers.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this setup.

Parts:
PS.58003 Premium-Series Diamond Slotted Disc Brake Rotors:
PS.58004 Premium-Series Diamond Slotted Disc Brake Rotors
309.10530 Stoptech Street Performance Disc Brake Pads
309.11490 Stoptech Street Performance Disc Brake Pads
Thanks for the write up, Mikla. Yup, all that and with lesser squealing issues too and at a fraction of the cost!

Thanks
Steven

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh crap... that's right... how'd I forget to mention that... no squeal!

It was very odd to begin stopping for a light... start to cringe... waiting for the squeal to start... then.... NOTHING.. NO Squeal! 37K miles and finally, silence.:D

Thanks for the write up, Mikla. Yup, all that and with lesser squealing issues too and at a fraction of the cost!

Thanks
Steven

· Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh crap... that's right... how'd I forget to mention that... no squeal!

It was very odd to begin stopping for a light... start to cringe... waiting for the squeal to start... then.... NOTHING.. NO Squeal! 37K miles and finally, silence.:D
Agreed, I have the same setup.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
496 Posts
Have the same setup but only up front, backs are due now, best 60 to 0 was 124. I found best grip started after about 100 miles or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.