Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
R1 Concepts- High Carbon Alloy Geomet Rotors!
We're happy to introduce to you all our new Carbon Alloy Geomet rotors! These rotors are a new and improved version of our "Premier Series" rotors. Manufactured for european and heavy vehicles, our High Carbon iron formulations enhances noise dampening characteristics, while providing high strength, and increased thermal conductivity compared to standard discs, which increases durability.

Each rotor is engineered to match the OE vane configuration, including OE split-core technology to ensure proper and maximum heat dissipation. Additionally, all cores are dipped with specifically formulated paint in order to provide a smoother finish inside the vane structure. The smooth finish will improve air flow as well as reduce the amount of machining required in order to properly balance the finished rotor during the mill-balancing process.

GEOMET Finish- The Superior Corrosion
We apply a genuine GEOMET finish throughout the entire part, which promises to deliver superior corrosion protection. The GEOMET coating is processed dry, shipped dry, and ready to install without any additional preparation. Without the need to clean an oil covered rotor, this saves a tremendous amount of time and money during the installation process.

• Superior Corrosion Protection- Provides excellent cyclic corrosion performance when tested to automotive manufacture's test methods incorporating heat, salt spray and humidity.

• Environmentally Friendly: Meets the following regulations: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Chrysler CS-9003, General Motor GMW 3059, Ford WSS-MP99P9999-A1 (HEX 9), the EU Directives on End of Life Vehicles (ELV) and Electrical Equipment (RoHS)

• No Toxic Metals: Free of chromium, nickel, cadmium, lead, barium, and mercury.

WK1
FT/RR CARBON ALLOY OEM GEOMET ROTORS: $315 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $305 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $325 SHIPPED

WK2
FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $420 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY DRILLED SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $445 SHIPPED

WK1 Brake Pads
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM CERAMIC PADS: $50 SHIPPED

WK2 Brake Pads
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM SEMI-METALLIC PADS: $55 SHIPPED
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM CERAMIC PADS: $60 SHIPPED
Hello,
Not sure if this is the right place to make contact but I'm looking to buy new brake pads and rotors for my jeep and wanted to know if this is the correct place to reach out for assistance and to ask questions.
R1 Concepts- High Carbon Alloy Geomet Rotors!
We're happy to introduce to you all our new Carbon Alloy Geomet rotors! These rotors are a new and improved version of our "Premier Series" rotors. Manufactured for european and heavy vehicles, our High Carbon iron formulations enhances noise dampening characteristics, while providing high strength, and increased thermal conductivity compared to standard discs, which increases durability.

Each rotor is engineered to match the OE vane configuration, including OE split-core technology to ensure proper and maximum heat dissipation. Additionally, all cores are dipped with specifically formulated paint in order to provide a smoother finish inside the vane structure. The smooth finish will improve air flow as well as reduce the amount of machining required in order to properly balance the finished rotor during the mill-balancing process.

GEOMET Finish- The Superior Corrosion
We apply a genuine GEOMET finish throughout the entire part, which promises to deliver superior corrosion protection. The GEOMET coating is processed dry, shipped dry, and ready to install without any additional preparation. Without the need to clean an oil covered rotor, this saves a tremendous amount of time and money during the installation process.

• Superior Corrosion Protection- Provides excellent cyclic corrosion performance when tested to automotive manufacture's test methods incorporating heat, salt spray and humidity.

• Environmentally Friendly: Meets the following regulations: Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Chrysler CS-9003, General Motor GMW 3059, Ford WSS-MP99P9999-A1 (HEX 9), the EU Directives on End of Life Vehicles (ELV) and Electrical Equipment (RoHS)

• No Toxic Metals: Free of chromium, nickel, cadmium, lead, barium, and mercury.

WK1
FT/RR CARBON ALLOY OEM GEOMET ROTORS: $315 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $305 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $325 SHIPPED

WK2
FT/RR CARBON ALLOY SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $420 SHIPPED

FT/RR CARBON ALLOY DRILLED SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS: $445 SHIPPED

WK1 Brake Pads
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM CERAMIC PADS: $50 SHIPPED

WK2 Brake Pads
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM SEMI-METALLIC PADS: $55 SHIPPED
FT/RR R1 PREMIUM CERAMIC PADS: $60 SHIPPED
Hello,
Are these prices current?

·
Vendor
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Hello,
Not sure if this is the right place to make contact but I'm looking to buy new brake pads and rotors for my jeep and wanted to know if this is the correct place to reach out for assistance and to ask questions.

Hello,
Are these prices current?
Sorry I somehow missed this message. Please email me at [email protected] and I'll reply faster if you're still interested in these brakes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Buyers beware:
Installed drilled and slotted Geomet rotors. Performance so far has been fine. The other day I had to repair a leaking tire and had the wheel off only to notice my brand new rotors are already starting to rust. They have been installed for less than a month on a garage kept Jeep that has only seen rain once and only been through the car wash once since the install. The coating is starting to flake off and the brakes aren’t even out of their break-in period with less than 200 miles on them. For a product that touts superiority in corrosion resistance I find this unacceptable. Customer service was contacted and they are not willing to do anything about it, they recommend I sand and paint the brand new rotors. To put it as nicely as I can, I’m extremely disappointed.

·
Vendor
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Buyers beware:
Installed drilled and slotted Geomet rotors. Performance so far has been fine. The other day I had to repair a leaking tire and had the wheel off only to notice my brand new rotors are already starting to rust. They have been installed for less than a month on a garage kept Jeep that has only seen rain once and only been through the car wash once since the install. The coating is starting to flake off and the brakes aren’t even out of their break-in period with less than 200 miles on them. For a product that touts superiority in corrosion resistance I find this unacceptable. Customer service was contacted and they are not willing to do anything about it, they recommend I sand and paint the brand new rotors. To put it as nicely as I can, I’m extremely disappointed. View attachment 227823
@JLinn1285 That coating should be flaking off like that...I'll help you out. PM sent!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Buyers beware:
Installed drilled and slotted Geomet rotors. Performance so far has been fine. The other day I had to repair a leaking tire and had the wheel off only to notice my brand new rotors are already starting to rust. They have been installed for less than a month on a garage kept Jeep that has only seen rain once and only been through the car wash once since the install. The coating is starting to flake off and the brakes aren’t even out of their break-in period with less than 200 miles on them. For a product that touts superiority in corrosion resistance I find this unacceptable. Customer service was contacted and they are not willing to do anything about it, they recommend I sand and paint the brand new rotors. To put it as nicely as I can, I’m extremely disappointed. View attachment 227823
@JLinn1285 That coating should be flaking off like that...I'll help you out. PM sent!
Now you got me worried. I just ordered a complete front and rear set a few days ago. I still have the rear Original R1 rotors with the black hat and still look very good after 6yrs. The front eventually wore and i replaced them with some off Ebay. Not to happy with those since I started to see rust in the rotor holes which I never seen that with the original R1. I sure hope mine do not get even a speck of rust being these are suppose to be new and improved with their new coating.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Now you got me worried.
I’ve been working with Kevin from R1 Concepts and he is taking care of the matter. The brakes otherwise are great so far. I was intending to write a review post on them once I get through the 500 mile break-in period. I think Kevin meant to say that the coating should not be flaking off like that. They are sending me out a set of replacements for the rear.
Thank you Kevin. All manufacturing companies will make mistakes, but a good one will realize when a mistake has been made and correct it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
After looking back at the pics I took on install day I found one of the passenger rear. A friend asked “what’s up” and I sent him this pic that day.

Just put the rotor on, caliper still hanging above.

My thoughts are the rotor either got dinged up during shipping(the shipping box was pretty beat up) or the coating didn’t bond well to the chamfered edge on the rotor. The flaking is only on this outer edge and the hat of the rotor still looks good after having the wheels on/off. So, my suggestion is to take a closer look before install to minimize any inconvenience. If I would have caught it then I would have saved some frustration.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I really like the original RI rotors with the black hat. They stopped and looked great for many years.I sure hope they last just the same. Yes I have also been dealing with Kevin so we will see when they come in Wed.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Received my R1 rotors and ceramic pads a couple of weeks ago and they shipped fine. I would suggest however that they stiffen up the outside box being that these are so heavy and sometimes ship across country. One of my boxes was taped pretty good so apparently was coming open.They need something like those heavy duty boxes rims are shipped in.Anyhow my son and I installed them and are completely happy after bedding them in. As I said before I had the original R1 rotors but with stop tech pads for many years and was really happy with them. These newer geomet rotos stop great like the old rotors and the ceramic pads are also very good with stopping and very little brake dust.

Reactions: r1concepts
141 - 160 of 162 Posts