Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
do they bite well? IDK what aftermarket rotors i have right now. previous owner bought them.But i know one thing. no matter what pad i run they do not bite hard.

·
Vendor
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
do they bite well? IDK what aftermarket rotors i have right now. previous owner bought them.But i know one thing. no matter what pad i run they do not bite hard.
The two pads I offer to the members are our R1 Premium Ceramic pads and our R1 Premium Semi-Metallic pads. Both are more for the daily driver that isn't looking for something too aggressive compared to the OEM pads. The OEM pads are a good performance pad but they do throw off a lot of brake dust from what the members have mentioned. I would ask the members what pads they're running to get more information. Unfortunately no longer offer Hawk brake pads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quick review (front Rotors + Pads)

I wanted to provide a belated purchasing experience and short review of my purchase of:
• FT CARBON ALLOY DRILLED SLOTTED GEOMET ROTORS
• FT R1 PREMIUM CERAMIC PADS
A little under a month ago. (My vehicle: 2016 Jeep GC SRT)

Kevin from R1 Concepts was prompt and easy to deal with, answering any / all my questions prior to myself confirming any order. He made the process from the start very easy and with no questions unanswered.
• Overall fantastic purchasing experience, couldn’t be more pleased.

I had the Front Rotors + Pads installed around 2 weeks ago. I just commute with my Jeep, no track, just local roads and highways. Thus far, no "substantial" difference in stopping power. The original Brembo pads did have a lot of “bite” to them, but this combo more than suffices for my commuting needs.
• Very happy thus far with this front brake combo
• No squeaking (did use a local performance auto shop in Toronto, ON, Canada for the install)

Will be ordering Rears when the time comes with no hesitation.

FYI Note:
• Apologies to moderators of this forum – given this is my first post without any formal introduction. I don’t really frequent the forums but felt it was the least I could do for my appreciation of a great purchasing experience & product from R1 Concepts. Should this post be against forum rules for 1st post, please do remove.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts