Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys..... it's been a while since I've messed with the Mopar TCM, so I'm a little rusty. :p

Does anyone know if I need to swap back to the stock TCM if I return my custom tune back to the original backup with the Predator, and then load a NEW custom tune with a Trinity tuner?

Here's the deal - I still have my custom tune in the Jeep but will need to load a new custom tune when the 440 is installed. I'll also be going from the Predator to Trinity tuner in the process. I just want to make sure I do everything correctly so that I don't brick my Mopar TCM.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
yes take it out and pop the stock TCM in .. I just did it when swapping from predator to trinity but i have the MHP TCM ...

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Brian,I was told it depends on how the TCM was installed [email protected] HHP installed mine and he asked what I wanted to do.I told him I didn't wanna have to take it in and out each time I loaded a tune,if i didn't have too.He said ok,I can do a "hard" install and I would be good to go.
Not sure what he did differently,but I never had to take it back out thankfully.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Just to be on the safe side I would have the stock tcm in the truck for the reinstall of the stock tune. Then once that is back in the rig put the mtcm back in the truck and load up the tune with the trinity. That is how I do it with my mhp tcm to ensure it doesnt brick. Once a tune is loaded keep the mtcm in the truck until you are gonna load the stock tune again.

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I also sent Johan an email; here's what he had to say:

diablotoona said:
I would put the stock one back in before you put it back to stock with the predator, then once that is done, put the mopar tcm in and let the trinity take a backup with the mtcm in there and you should be all good.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
can ppl not tune the OEM TCM to the same specs as these aftermarket ones ?
No, you cannot tune the OEM tcm. Hence the 1,000 dollar tcm you posted earlier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts