Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at a WK2 with the 3 season tires. How will these fair in winter? Cold temps below 40 degrees and snow?

Traction issues below a certain cold temp? I know some 3 season get hard and lose traction below 40. How do these fair?

Any input appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting some decent offers. Still deciding.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Best factor into the purchase equation the price of a set of winter tire/wheels.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good to know.

I got them to switch to the all season as part of the deal. Took a lot of back and fourth.

Assuming the deal stays. Gonna sleep on it overnight. Gotta make some calls during business hours as well. I don't want any surprises before purchasing.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm not sure about the specific 3 season tires on the WK2 SRT8 but some 3 season tires are not intended to be driven in temps below 40 or 45 degrees. Depending on the tread compound they could be pretty slick in lower temps even on dry roads and I wouldn't chance it.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Couple other quick question someone may be able to answer.

What's the life on the brembo brakes for the WK2? I was doing some research and it seems pads and rotors need to be changed at the same time. I see some saying a life of 15k miles? Anyone with experience on this?

Adding the tow package after the fact to the WK2. What all does it need? Will it be just like if it were to come from the factory?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Couple other quick question someone may be able to answer.

What's the life on the brembo brakes for the WK2? I was doing some research and it seems pads and rotors need to be changed at the same time. I see some saying a life of 15k miles? Anyone with experience on this?

Adding the tow package after the fact to the WK2. What all does it need? Will it be just like if it were to come from the factory?
Just make sure they order you the tow package hitch cover. I believe the cover is different between the two.

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just make sure they order you the tow package hitch cover. I believe the cover is different between the two.
I remember seeing a tread somewhere on someone that added to tow package after the fact. Don't remember where to find it on here though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.