Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into modifying my Jeep and thought i'd ask the experts here first before i make any mistakes.

My vehicle is stock except for a Magnaflow Catback and Nitto Tires.

1. I have read that to benefit from a larger throttle body, the intake manifold itself needs to be ported or there is little benefit to adding the 90mm on vs the 80mm stocker. My question here is: does a (for example) 3.5" or 4" Bwoody CAI add any performance to the actual engine if the stock throttle body is left in place?

2. For the guys running the Bwoody intakes, how much of a difference in tone/loudness did the intake make vs running a stock intake?

3. How difficult is the removal of the intake on our Jeeps and what would be involved?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
CAI adds like 10-20 hp....i dont have the bwoody intake but my mopar made a nice difference in sound..but now i cant hear it since the borla s been installed. You would need a custom tune for ur jeep to make a difference in performace.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
I can give you more info tomorrow after my BWoody CAI shows up and I install it. Already got the tune from Johan for it... just need some hardware!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Removal is easy. Just need a few hand tools. It's be so long I forget what you need. Say, flat head screw driver, ratchet/socket(s), pliers. It's simple.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Put the 4" BWoody CAI in today... went pretty smooth.

Disconnect IAT, take off manifold hose, unclip air cleaner box top, loosen hose clamp at throttle body and lift out. Stock air box comes right out with some juggling and tugging (one bolt at rear). Definitely take the front plastic grill off... very easy, 6 plastic fasteners at the top and just tilt forward and lift. This makes it easy to pop the snorkel off the stock box before you lift out the box.

BWoody was easier to put in. Put air filter on tube (end with bracket) and tighten, place assy into jeep, filter first. You have to push the plastic fender splash guard a bit until the bracket sits on top of the old box mount (you have to take the grommet in the mount out first... don't need it). Put the the bolt with small washer through the CAI mount, vehicle mount ... then put big washer and nut on.

Put clamps on the elbow, put some WD40 or soapy water inside the elbow and installed and tightened... then tightened the bolt. I fought the IAT out of the old tube before I realized BWoody gave me a new one. Route the new hose and your are done.

That's about it.... takes about 45 min, including cleaning some stuff up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.