Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at doing some basic bolt ons and i'm trying to decide which programmer to buy.

I see there are 3 on the market:

1. Diablosport Predator (green)...and discontinued, but can still be found for purchase ($275)
2. Diablosport Intune (looks like a smartphone) ($385)
3. Diablosport Trinity (black windshiled mounted unit) ($579)

What are the biggest differences between these 3 programmers?

For someone who's just looking at having someone like Johan send a custom tune via email, are there any differences or problems with this being done on any of the above programmers?

I am thinking about doing the 180 degree Jet T-Stat, a CAI, and a BT Catch Can. I already have a Magnaflow Catback.

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Predator is good, intune is an updated predator. You can do logs with them but need to hook up to a laptop to log.

Trinity is the best. You can log on the trinity and hook a wideband into the trinity for logging as well. This would be the best route for logging tunes.

For simple mods only, intake and exhaust you could get away with a predator or intune.

Basically, if you are going for serious mods, power and tuning. Trinity.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
411 Posts
Unless money is a real big deal... I would get the Trinity (oh yeah... I did:cool:)... it is ready in case you add more mods later.

· Registered
5,046 Posts
You can connect a wideband to the intune. Trinity also has performance timers and SD card support.

· Registered
802 Posts
I'd personally go with the inTune unless you want all the added features of the Trinity, like mentioned: 0-60 times, 1/4 times, etc. The inTune is just a nifty little piece that process quickly, which I appreciate for logging...

Forget about the Predator - phasing.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Definitely skip the outdated predator. As far as the other two go, it's a battle between money and functionality. If you want the easiest way possible to datalog for an unlimited amount of time and really provide your tuner with all the information necessary to fine tune your vehicle, you spend the extra cash for a trinity. But if you won't need the bells and whistles, and just want your jeep to run a bit faster go with the in tune. Most importantly, make the decision depending on how much time you will allocate to data logging and getting a proper tune. It's not a "hey I just got a new tune and my jeep is running perfect." if you are willing to invest lots of time, you want the best working tool.

· Registered
11,229 Posts
I would start with the basic Predator , for what you need , it will work just fine , It will log and monitor your pids while driving , you can take it home and see the logs on your laptop with no issues , AND CAN BE BOUGHT HERE USED FOR AROUND 170-200 Shipped . Most here have no clue what they are doing with these programers anyway , so speaking by experience start with the predator ( Cheap ) Learn as you go and step up your game after ...

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
I would start with the basic Predator , for what you need it will work just fine , It will log and monitor your pids while driving , you can take it home and see the logs on your laptop with no issues , AND CAN BE BOUGHT HERE USED FOR AROUND 170-200 Shipped . Most here have no clue what they are doing with these programers anyway , so speaking by experience start with the predator ( Cheap ) Learn as you go and step up your game after ...
Oh I see how it s Paulo :p. haha Jk. I agree with your reasoning about why one would go with the predator.

Reactions: m4xm1l10n

· Registered
11,229 Posts
Oh I see how it s Paulo :p. haha Jk. I agree with your reasoning about why one would go with the predator.
Lol , well he's saving $400 bucks :D , also once he gets familiar with how tuning and usage of the handheld goes , IMO he can always sell the predator for what he paid for and get a trinity or whatever else he desires , But hey they is just me ;)

Reactions: jps043
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.