Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to keep my 09 SRT8 stock in terms of torque converter, transmission and rear end. I was also looking into basic bolt on mods, and got to wondering about a basic supercharger install instead.

Does anyone have (and i searched and couldn't find one) a Procharger P-1SC setup on a stock engine, trans, and converter?

For the basic kit Procharger sells, does an owner "need" to upgrade the fuel system, or are the 52# injectors they supply with our stock fuel pump sufficient for the basic setup?

Are there any other considerations for someone getting into a setup like this and trying to keep most of the stock parts intact :) ?

Would you guys recommend buying the helical gear set to quiet things down or is the idle sound manageable?

Lastly, can you or should you still run a catch can with a setup like this...if so, does anyone have a pic of how theirs is setup?

·
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
3,065 Posts
I am planning to keep my 09 SRT8 stock in terms of torque converter, transmission and rear end. I was also looking into basic bolt on mods, and got to wondering about a basic supercharger install instead.

Does anyone have (and i searched and couldn't find one) a Procharger P-1SC setup on a stock engine, trans, and converter?

For the basic kit Procharger sells, does an owner "need" to upgrade the fuel system, or are the 52# injectors they supply with our stock fuel pump sufficient for the basic setup?

Are there any other considerations for someone getting into a setup like this and trying to keep most of the stock parts intact :) ?

Would you guys recommend buying the helical gear set to quiet things down or is the idle sound manageable?

Lastly, can you or should you still run a catch can with a setup like this...if so, does anyone have a pic of how theirs is setup?

You will want a stock converter, but you may want to think about upgrading the tranny....even if its just a Paramount rebuild kit. You really don't have to upgrade anything else if you dont want to.

You will need to go with the Procharger Flocharger boost a pump, or you can eliminate that with a dual pump setup from Stage 6.

I went to install my catch can, and realized that the Procharger bracket now uses the mounting hole that the Z-bracket used. It will probably fit on the other side, like I had it with my nitrous...and like Paulo has with his Vortech. I bought a couple of the strut mount brackets last time BT put them up for sale again, I will probably mount mine there.

The sound is ignorant with the straight cut gears......but I love it. :p
Its a D-1SC, but the P-1SC will sound very similar.

Here is another D-1SC Jeep:

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
You will want a stock converter, but you may want to think about upgrading the tranny....even if its just a Paramount rebuild kit. You really don't have to upgrade anything else if you dont want to.

You will need to go with the Procharger Flocharger boost a pump, or you can eliminate that with a dual pump setup from Stage 6.

I went to install my catch can, and realized that the Procharger bracket now uses the mounting hole that the Z-bracket used. It will probably fit on the other side, like I had it with my nitrous...and like Paulo has with his Vortech. I bought a couple of the strut mount brackets last time BT put them up for sale again, I will probably mount mine there.

The sound is ignorant with the straight cut gears......but I love it. :p
Its a D-1SC, but the P-1SC will sound very similar.

Jeep SRT8 Procharger - YouTube
Jeep SRT8 Procharger - YouTube

Here is a P-1SC:
Jeep SRT8 ProCharger - YouTube
Jeep SRT8 ProCharger - YouTube
Chad has a D1SC like us Phil....

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
OOOOPS!!! My bad! :eek:
No worries bro...

Yeah can't add much more then Phil did here as he is spot on with needing an upgraded tranny. It might be possible that a Paramount Stage 2 valvebody might hold you out for a while, but in the long run you will need a tranny.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you will be able to just bolt on a P1SC kit and de tune it a bit. Your trans should be able to hold and not slip till you hit close to 500rwhp. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken. I have been doing a lot of reading and research as I am maybe going to a procharger myself. Call demon performance and talk to skip he is a sponsor on here he can guide you in the right direction. Doing a lot of research is great also just like you are doing now.

You should be fine with with a bold on P1 kit. I ran a D1 before on a Vette and these kits can go a long way if you decide to go bigger later.

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
For the guys looking to do nothing more than the standard kit, the complete kit with the P1SC will be fine for you if you don't plan on anything else, we have a few kits already shipped to guys just looking for the 525 whp numbers on the standard P1SC with the 52lb injectors and the FlowCharger and wiring harness...those kits come with everything you need including a tuner and a custom tune for you as well as the MAP.

The complete HO kit is for the guys looking to go no further than just that....the tuner kits are for you guys looking to make bigger numbers on built bottoms and drivetrains...with options to start with the tuner kit.

At stock boost levels, 7 psi on the P1SC1, your bottom end and trans will be fine with everything the way it is from the factory.

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Sell him a Maggie if he doesn't want to make power .

·
Registered
170 Posts
For the guys looking to do nothing more than the standard kit, the complete kit with the P1SC will be fine for you if you don't plan on anything else, we have a few kits already shipped to guys just looking for the 525 whp numbers on the standard P1SC with the 52lb injectors and the FlowCharger and wiring harness...those kits come with everything you need including a tuner and a custom tune for you as well as the MAP.

The complete HO kit is for the guys looking to go no further than just that....the tuner kits are for you guys looking to make bigger numbers on built bottoms and drivetrains...with options to start with the tuner kit.

At stock boost levels, 7 psi on the P1SC1, your bottom end and trans will be fine with everything the way it is from the factory.
Well there you have it from the guy that def knows what he is talking about. :D

Sell him a Maggie if he doesn't want to make power .
Do Maggies not make power on anything? I come from the Vette scene and Maggie is for the guys that dont wanna go fast as well LOL

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
Reactions: DCSpecial

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Cmom JB I hope you joking , you know how cranked up that Maggie was , barely scratched 10's , Tooked me on that one race do to RT time , besides that I didn't hook , I have slips to prove how comfortable in the 10's I was and still have lots left on the table , and if you don't believe me ask Johan as he even was impressed on how fast I went on a such a conservative log he saw .

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Well there you have it from the guy that def knows what he is talking about. :D

Do Maggies not make power on anything? I come from the Vette scene and Maggie is for the guys that dont wanna go fast as well LOL
Even on the Vette LOL

·
Premium Member
17,169 Posts
All I have to say is when you're done being a poon, step into the real world and run a turbo and dip into the mid 10's and quit with the high 10's. :lol: ;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
All I have to say is when you're done being a poon, step into the real world and run a turbo and dip into the mid 10's and quit with the high 10's. :lol: ;)
Buhahahahahaha!

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
Let's just say I'm Vortechless

Reactions: SRT-B
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.