Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Getting ready to send my truck stateside this summerfor some major changes. First off a 426with all the goodies. New tranny with the works. Roll cage. Second a Procharger. But which one?

I have seen that the kits for the D-1SC are available. But since I am not the type to follow everyone with the same product I was thinking more along the lines of a F-1A or if at all possible a F-2 if it fits somehow with intercooler. I think it would be a first. Any suggestions would be appreciated and who could manage this kind of install from start to finish. Or is the twin turbo conversion a better option. I don't like the fact that the turbo's are behind the bumper, how about a twin under the hood install but with bigger turbos like I have seen here before somewhere. I think it was for a military serviceman.

I live in Montreal and have good connections with the automobile transport industry running I-95 to Florida. Anywhere along those lines would be feasible for me for transportation. Thanks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am looking at having a 426 built by whoever has the experience to build it bulletproof for this type of application. I have heard a lot of problems with the heads staying put on high boost. What about Darton Sleeves for the Hemi.....too expensive??

My goals are minimum 1000hp daily driver.......not entirely intended for track purposes but it could become a habit. :)

Is a F-1A or F-2 at all feasible? Jsut wanting soemthing different.........i like the immediate response of superchargers. I had a Shelby Snake before this and it was wicked!

Where exactly are you located?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Guy...a 1,000 hp daily driver? Even 800hp...drive-ability is being sacrificed.

Twin Turbo Creations would be my personal choice for a turbo setup...if I had that kind of coin. I'd ship my Jeep off to Chris, kick down the dough for the 800hp package and be done with the whole thing. TT kit, tranny, built-for-boost long block, and full fuel system. That's a done dollar!

PWR would be the route I'd go for the engine - I'd do the 413 I was going to do it all over again.

Skip @ Demon can save you some serious dollars on a PWR engine, ProCharger, tranny and misc. parts, too. Great customer service.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
You can sleeve the hemi motors, expensive but been done. If you want that much power I would go with a turbo since you can easily turn boost up and down to make it more daily driver friendly.

Twin turbo creations has some nasty twin turbo builds.

Stage 6 is doing single turbos but they did the twin turbo for the military guy you mentioned in your first post.

King motorsports is pretty big with prochargers so if you want to go the F1 or F2 route I think they would be a good to talk to.

Skip from Demon performance is a newer vendor that I dont really know much about but seems to have nothing but good recommendations from people that have dealt with him so you have lots of people to talk to about what you want and making it happen.

As for motors LPM and PWR are very popular among forum members.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the feedback.........I guess a bulletproof 426 with Darton Sleeves is gonna be the way to go and like Skip said a F-1X. Probably gonna go with a PWR engine as they seem to be very popular and tested. Anyways have already pm'ed Skip on what I want.

Like I said daily driver in the summer but with some track days also.......but not every week.
Just want something that can eat almost anything for breakfast. Looking for stoplight to stoplight killer to eat my friend's GTR and Porsche GT2 ....:) Need 0-60mph in under 3 seconds!

Since we have some nasty winters in Montreal I am gonna have to use the Jeep strictly in the summer and use my X6 for the winter. I think if I look at the timetable it makes more sense to send my truck for the upgrades at the end of summer and have the mods done during the winter season, that it way it gives him 4-6 months to do the build and test it.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions.........best forum around!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Awesome...skip has a nice PWR group buy going on..u can take advantage of dat.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Guy...a 1,000 hp daily driver? Even 800hp...drive-ability is being sacrificed.

Twin Turbo Creations would be my personal choice for a turbo setup...if I had that kind of coin. I'd ship my Jeep off to Chris, kick down the dough for the 800hp package and be done with the whole thing. TT kit, tranny, built-for-boost long block, and full fuel system. That's a done dollar!

PWR would be the route I'd go for the engine - I'd do the 413 I was going to do it all over again.

Skip @ Demon can save you some serious dollars on a PWR engine, ProCharger, tranny and misc. parts, too. Great customer service.
I'd have to disagree with that....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.