Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just a follow up on the no start, might give others something to check if they have similar problems. The Jeep has been starting and runs great with the new supercharger and then today out of the blue, no start. This time I was able to do some testing while it was failing, spark was good, fuel pump is turning on and pressure is good, has no injector pulse. Checked all fuses good. Decided to swap the ASD relay and the HVAC relay since they are the same and it started, swapped them back and no start, guess that relay was just randomly failing. I will be ordering a spare.
Update again, It was just a coincidence that it failed when I swapped the relays, the issue happened again today with the exact same symptoms and testing results. This time I found that if I moved the wires below the fuse/relay block located under the hood the engine would stall and not start. The problem was that the fuse that supplies power to the injectors had a connector that had expanded and was making poor/intermittent contact (most likely worn from age and heat). I pulled both connectors out and pinched the connectors slightly so that the fuse fit snug now, after that there was no more stalling or starting issues. (hopefully for good!)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts