Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing a Magnuson on my 2007, I am wondering what people think of the 2 push-in coolant fittings? (one in the water pump and the other on the back of the water pump housing). It appears that all that holds them in is Loctite and the O rings. After recently reading about the upper radiator hoses blowing apart I don't think I am to comfortable with push in coolant fittings! I am thinking about getting some threaded fittings and tapping the holes for them, was just curious what others had done and if there were any issues.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have had them on mine for about 3 years or so with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
LAUNCH
1,103 Posts
The fittings worked fine for me as well. Just make sure the holes are cleaned out well, the o-rings are in good condition and if I remember correctly, it was green sealing loctite correct?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yup green

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fittings worked fine for me as well. Just make sure the holes are cleaned out well, the o-rings are in good condition and if I remember correctly, it was green sealing loctite correct?
Thanks for the info. Sounds like it should not be an issue.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you all use the oil catch can supplied in the Magnuson Kit? I do not like how it looks or mounts.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Did you all use the oil catch can supplied in the Magnuson Kit? I do not like how it looks or mounts.
I used my Billet Tech one.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used my Billet Tech one.

That looks much nicer, and in a different location than what BT has in the install instructions. In there instructions it looks like it would be kind of tight below the air inlet tube.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi All,

I finally got enough time to finish the Magnuson install. I started it the other day, it ran and idled ok but as soon as you give it it throttle it cuts out if you give it more throttle it kind of acts like its hitting a rev limiter at 2500 rpms. Also set a P0129 Baro to low (new MAP sensor was supplied in the kit from Magnuson).

When I went to start it the next day to continue testing it would not start and has not since, could the MAP sensor cause it not to start? I can hear the fuel pump still, going to check all the basics this weekend when I have time just looking for some ideas before then.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Did you load the new tune in with the kit? The Jeep has a built in Rev limiter.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I know when I did mine Johan sent me a base tune my Maggie and had to do 2 revisions before it was mint.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Yep, loaded the tune from Magnuson
I would log it with your Trinity and send them your log. They should have a tuner to help you out. Their tune didn't even work on my '06. It has a different ECM. Mine wouldn't even start.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would log it with your Trinity and send them your log. They should have a tuner to help you out. Their tune didn't even work on my '06. It has a different ECM. Mine wouldn't even start.

Magnuson supplied an HP tuner and I have been trying there supplied tune but I also purchased a Diablosport tuner. I was trying to have it running from what was supplied by Magnuson before I switched. I think after I look over all the connections I will just contact Johan and get a base tune from him and give that a try. There were no issues before the install and it started every time so it should at least run even if its bad.

·
Super Moderator
11,033 Posts
Magnuson supplied an HP tuner and I have been trying there supplied tune but I also purchased a Diablosport tuner. I was trying to have it running from what was supplied by Magnuson before I switched. I think after I look over all the connections I will just contact Johan and get a base tune from him and give that a try. There were no issues before the install and it started every time so it should at least run even if its bad.
There is always a chance the map sensor is bad. It is a cheap part. Double check the connection and make sure it is mounted properly

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is always a chance the map sensor is bad. It is a cheap part. Double check the connection and make sure it is mounted properly

[/QUOT

Connections all look OK, I think I will try and order another after I find the correct one. Magnuson seems to think the sensor is ok but I am not sure, my scanner reads 95kpa with the sensor disconnected and 95kpa with the supplied sensor connected? I would think there should be a difference in the reading, OE sensor reads 120kpa which seems high but at least its a change.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So I get home early today and I decide I will go test some basic things before I get to deep into what could be wrong. I disconnect an injector plug and connect the noid light, crank the engine to check for injector pulse.... and it starts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a follow up on the no start, might give others something to check if they have similar problems. The Jeep has been starting and runs great with the new supercharger and then today out of the blue, no start. This time I was able to do some testing while it was failing, spark was good, fuel pump is turning on and pressure is good, has no injector pulse. Checked all fuses good. Decided to swap the ASD relay and the HVAC relay since they are the same and it started, swapped them back and no start, guess that relay was just randomly failing. I will be ordering a spare.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts