Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On my mostly stock jeep srt8 (mods in sig) I've been thinking it's time for some more power upgrades. I was thinking of doing long tube headers with a cam and revising the tune. But, I've seen some problems arise with stock springs. So I figured I'd do new springs and pushrods. Now since I was thinking that I figure why not do heads, cam, and headers all together at once. So what advice is there or links to similar threads on running a stock block with heads and cam? I was thinking fri lil boy cam and the new apache heads. Headers would be stainless works, or kooks. On a side note how loud will headers be with the Borla? I'm happy with the sound level, I don't think I'd want much more where it'll become an annoyance to others.

Thanks

Edit: after various PMs I thought I'd add this.
It'll be a DD
More than likely won't get forced induction
I drive spiritedly
Goals would be to add another 50+ hp or so

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
Thats a great start! Doing the heads with the headers means the headers are a free install which is always good.
Your stock block will have no problem as long as you have a good tune, the tune will make or break any head and cam combo.
Headers and Borla are very loud!!! so be ready for it! I lke my stainless works with catless mids, never had a problem,they never leaked and were cheaper!

Newfie.

·
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
8,565 Posts
Hey Zac don't think you'll have any problems with the stock bottom end. Dave just got his all set up like that. Even look at Harrison's turbo with a the stock bottom.

Jim

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You'll be fine with a heads/cam/header setup. Good choice and starting point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts