Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Vendor
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

"Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention. Sincere effort,
intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."

- Brixton Forged

The above quote speaks volumes about not only how the world should work, but how we here at PK Auto
Design strive on a daily bases to provide nothing but quality to the outmost standard of perfection possible.

We are proud to partner with Brixton Forged Wheels to provide to you the car enthusiast community nothing
but Quality backed by the Brixton Forged and PK Auto Design guarantee. Take a look below and feel free
to enjoy the sights and ask any question your hearts desire.

- Team PKAD

Full wheel & tire packages available on demand utilizing
Full Touchless Mounting & Road Force balancing solutions
COMPLIMENTARY !

Ask us about our In-house ceramic Coating Treatments !

For pricing, availability and fitment please contact us below

Email: [email protected]
Direct Phone: 818-632-8943
Shop Phone: 818-408-6989

[/URL]

How to Place Your Order:

Phone Domestic: (818)408-6989

E-mail: [email protected]

Payment:

Shipping:

All orders are shipped via UPS.

International, Hawaii and Alaska customers: Please contact us for the best quote possible.

Hours of Operation:

Monday through Friday: 9:00AM-6:00PM Pacific Time

Saturday: 9:00AM-3:00PM Pacific Time

Sunday: By Appointment Only

·
Vendor
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey, question for you. What does this mean?

"German Spun Forged Construction (lighter and stronger)"
Allow me to explain if I may

So Spun forged, flow forge, flow forged, flow form, flow formed, rotory forged

They all pretty much mean the same thing. Now why German Spun Forged Consutruction ( the machine that is doing the work is one of two machines made in Germany hence the German Spun Forged name).

So this construction is a sub construction of Cast ( the midway of forged to cast)

In this process a wheel is still born out of a mold, however for example a 20x10.5 wheel is not made out of a mold that is 10.5" wide. the mold is for instance 5 " wide

Thus the pour of the wheel is more lets say thicker in essence less chance of air bubbles ( weaker points in a wheel) and less material thus lighter weight.

They then take the wheel onto a spun forging machine that pulls the barrel and heats it while spinning it, This process changes the barrel itself to near tensile forged thus a stronger wheel.

Thats the process.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Thanks guys... I googled to understand the technology, but nobody else was calling it "German Spun Forged" and I was trying to figure out what the Germans were doing before the wheels got shipped to China. Thought maybe the blanks were made in Germany and finish machining was in China.

I get it now - beautiful wheels!

·
Vendor
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys... I googled to understand the technology, but nobody else was calling it "German Spun Forged" and I was trying to figure out what the Germans were doing before the wheels got shipped to China. Thought maybe the blanks were made in Germany and finish machining was in China.

I get it now - beautiful wheels!
Well it depends on what wheel brand it is

For instance majority of these are made in tawian, brixton Forged wheels are are made in the states.

·
Vendor
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 17 of 17 Posts