Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PWR 419 track results from today(Updated 04/30/11)

Hey fellas, track finally opened today and to my surprise there were probably only 30 cars out. It was awesome.

PB for the day was a 11.70 @ 117.86. With 4 or 5 other runs in the 11.7 area.I was having some bad traction issues and was babying it off the line. Spinning my way to consistent low 1.7's to a best of 1.67. DA was pretty good this aft around 200. Bein the First day, there was no track prep. Anyways, jeep was pulling hard and felt great. With more tuning and traction I'm certain this motor has a sub 11.5 run it. Which is ultimetly my end goal. Runs were done at full weight nothing takin out of the jeep. Running 36psi(should have dropped them, I know)

I absolutely love the FR-1 cam, its mild enough that my wife doesn't even know what shes driving when she takes it. And my daughter in law who is 16 can drive the jeep no problem. Can't say enough good things about the potential of the PWR stuf Andy is putting out. If anyone is considering a stroker but doesn't want to lose ANY driveability then this is the path to go. No surging, no hiccups, just a smooth sounding engine. Huge props to Andy and his goons at PWR. Look forward to the next few weeks to see some more potential from a slightly different setup.

Fred

Heres a slip, I have a 11.7? time with a 118mph trap as well. Actually numerous 118 traps.

·
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,141 Posts
Wow congrats Fred!! You defintely deserve this man!!!!

·
Registered
11,237 Posts
Hell yeah , you got a monster Bro , MPH is excellent as well as your ET . Congrats man

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Congratulations Fred. What tires are you running on your setup? Also I assume your comp ratio is 11:1 yes?

·
PWR 440
1,627 Posts
Thats Awesome man!! Way to go PWR.

Any idea what the DA was?

Newfie.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow congrats Fred!! You defintely deserve this man!!!!
Thanks Jose, been along time coming

Hell yeah , you got a monster Bro , MPH is excellent as well as your ET . Congrats man
Ya, MPH surprised the **** out of me.

Congratulations Fred. What tires are you running on your setup? Also I assume your comp ratio is 11:1 yes?
Running toyo ST II 295's in the rear. Didnt realize till I was on my home the PSI were so much.

Thats Awesome man!! Way to go PWR.

Any idea what the DA was?

Newfie.
DA was 200 ish so I was told

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Congrats. Andy continues to make happy customers.

·
Registered
11,237 Posts

·
Has Been
8,532 Posts
Running toyo ST II 295's in the rear. Didnt realize till I was on my home the PSI were so much.
Sorry John, your correct. Comp is 11:1
Oh nice those are the same times I have, but I have them in the 275/315 combo. But, I figured I'd buy two NTO5s for the rear to help with traction. Sounds like you may want to do the same ;). Again, congrats Fred thats awesome man! I can't wait to see how mine compares.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats. Andy continues to make happy customers.
I

You have know idea man... believe me. I'll be starting a thread in a few weeks regarding my dealings with PWR.

11.70s is Beast!

Not as fast as some of the monsters out there, but I love the all motor power and the tq driving around the city is awesome.

Congrats!
Congrats man! That's killer.

wink
Congrats, always nice to be in the 11's. Eventually those 11.5's will come.
Ya hawk, you know it man.... can't wait.

Oh nice those are the same times I have, but I have them in the 275/315 combo. But, I figured I'd buy two NTO5s for the rear to help with traction. Sounds like you may want to do the same ;). Again, congrats Fred thats awesome man! I can't wait to see how mine compares.
I was hoping to get there without the 05R's but to reach full potential they are probably needed.

Awesome Fred!! Great MPH and very strong for the first time out!! Definetely more left!!
Appreciate that coming from you Chris... Just have to get out there some more and log some seat time.

·
Premium Lurker
4,232 Posts
Congrats Fred!!! First time out with the new build and you've already got me beat! :eek: I'm glad to see that the combo you have is working out well for you.

Are you still running the stock converter, or did you upgrade it along with your build?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stock converter Brian, I honestly couldn't imagine running a higher one.... you must just be roasting the tires with it.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Sweet times!! Congrats...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts