Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curious to see if you guys have done a comparrison on which CAI is best for our SRT8's?

I currently own a '07 which has a Mopar CAI... However I doubt that it is ceramic coated meaning that once the truck is at normal opporating temps the heat soak would be killing in power. I know that there is a Bwoody CAI that has the filter placed down low but it would basically be the same thing if the pipe is not coated.

I am trying to find out if I should create a better way to have the CAI have less heat soak or get the better CAI

Thanks

· Daily Driver..........
1,837 Posts
:google: you may want to use the search function. there are numerous posts on your question.

· Has Been
8,532 Posts
Hahahaha awesome :popblood:.

BWOODY FTW!

· The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Volant is the only TRUE CAI
X2 on this. Volant FTW. On my temp gauge my IATs with Volant stayed 0-3* above ambient temp.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

· Premium Member
7,299 Posts
I have ran a Bwoody and now the Arrington. I can't really say you would notice a difference with either....but that the tube on the Arrington is Carbon Fiber and won't heat up like the metal on the Bwoody or Mopar will. I'd just pick whichever one you like the look of.

If you run the Bwoody, I would run the drycharger cover to help keep the filter cleaner.

· Premium Member
17,169 Posts
Well..... if you're looking for the best RACE CAI, then the only obviously choice is out ram air intake. It holds 3 records for Jeeps NA right now. IMO, there's nothing better. Holds the cam only, heads/cam, and stoker record. But again, it's not for street use, track only. My vote is BWoody for street as I've had both the Volant and BWoody.

Reactions: mondo

· Straight Up Beast SON!!!
17,142 Posts
Well..... if you're looking for the best RACE CAI, then the only obviously choice is out ram air intake. It holds 3 records for Jeeps NA right now. IMO, there's nothing better. Holds the cam only, heads/cam, and stoker record. But again, it's not for street use, track only. My vote is BWoody for street as I've had both the Volant and BWoody.
Yup was going to mention this CAI......

· DONE
5,706 Posts
What he said^^^^^^The Stage 6 Ram air headlight is what I used to run 11.59 with heads/cam....:D

· Registered
1,151 Posts
76mm snail... :D :D

On a more serious note, I love my LMI intake... my IAT's are always at ambient or 1-2* below ambient if I'm moving (with the sensor in the stock location). Sounds awesome, install is easier than taking your stock airbox out. Not to mention its CF and stays cooler than metal and weighs a few oz more than the filter.

Really though, anything short of the Stage 6 ram air, they are all about the same. Bwoody you should look out for heavy rain and use a dry pre-filter. If you're really worried about heat, wrap the bwoody with an insulating wrap, slap on a pre-filter and be done.

· Registered
611 Posts
Volant with dual snorkel mod is nice.

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
630 Posts
I'd have to agree with the above...because i had the bwoody and that thing could cook an egg...the Volant stays pretty cool, but if i had an option I'd take the CF tubing from the Arrington and make it work with the Volant box and dual snorkel mod i have......hmmmm think i might try that...might be a Frankenstein of a mod...lol

· Registered
611 Posts
I'd have to agree with the above...because i had the bwoody and that thing could cook an egg...the Volant stays pretty cool, but if i had an option I'd take the CF tubing from the Arrington and make it work with the Volant box and dual snorkel mod i have......hmmmm think i might try that...might be a Frankenstein of a mod...lol

I'd like to see a pic of that.

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
630 Posts
gotta get a arrington cf cai first...arr cf has a smoother tubing and big opening than the volant, but i like the box method of the volant and the snorkel...anyone getting rid of an arrington for a small price?

· Registered
1,151 Posts
gotta get a arrington cf cai first...arr cf has a smoother tubing and big opening than the volant, but i like the box method of the volant and the snorkel...anyone getting rid of an arrington for a small price?
I prefer the box method too... and I've been toying with the idea of making a CF heat shield for my LMI, I just haven't been in the same place as the Jeep long enough to make a template :eek:

On a side note, did you ever get another clip of that mean sounding exhaust of yours?? Perhaps a launch video? :D :D

· Registered
2014 Jeep SRT
630 Posts
Na, i.will do a.before and after with Cam and headers...plus the downshift sounds

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.