Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
I drive a 2017 SRT8
I have some issues with the ECO botton, even when not switched on it still stays activated.
The only way to change it is by going into Sport or Custom mode.
I went to the Jeep dealer this week and they checked the engine.
They couldn't find any foults, the button seems to be working perfectly.
They said that they couldn't help me... they checked with Jeep Belgium, Netherlands and nobody has heard of this problem. To few SRT8 on the road in Europe to know of any problems.
I was hoping somebody could help me.
Thanks in advance for taking time to read this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I drive without the eco button on it still hits Eco.
I could discover this by setting the mode on my screen where I see the consumption.
At the bottom you can see that it is running on 4 cylinders when possible.
This must have been the case for quite some time, I have had to replace all the spark plugs and this at 40,000 km, I suspect because I have done too many short distances where it uses eco mode.
Now I drive on sport most of the time.
I normally only use the eco mode on highway and longer distances.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just read your file.
If I understand correctly, that Eco button is totally different from the MDS.
Am I reading it correctly that the eco mode does not activate the MDS?
Is that MDS always active with the exception of when it is in the sport mode?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is it doing that indicates it is still in ECO mode when the button is not lit?
I just read your file.
If I understand correctly, that Eco button is totally different from the MDS.
Am I reading it correctly that the eco mode does not activate the MDS?
Is that MDS always active with the exception of when it is in the sport mode?

·
Registered
2018 SRT
22 Posts
Yes, you are correct. Eco mode is turned on and off with the button on the dash by you the operator, The owners manual says it is available in Auto, Sport & Track modes, but on my 2018 it is only available in Auto.
MDS is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module. MDS is active in Auto, Snow, & Tow modes. It is not active in Sport or Track modes, at least that is how it is on my 2018.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I believe ECO mode and MDS are separate BUT related features. ECO mode uses MDS more when activated. It also starts the car in 2nd gear from a stop. I also think the car shifts earlier in ECO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you are correct. Eco mode is turned on and off with the button on the dash by you the operator, The owners manual says it is available in Auto, Sport & Track modes, but on my 2018 it is only available in Auto.
MDS is controlled by the Powertrain Control Module. MDS is active in Auto, Snow, & Tow modes. It is not active in Sport or Track modes, at least that is how it is on my 2018.
Thank YOU
In my car it only works in Auto also.
Indeed MDS does not work in Sport and Track..
Strangely, since 6 month I experience that the car goes into MDS on auto more than before.
It will be up to me then, I want to thank you sincerely for your explanation.
You have helped me tremendously with this.
Unfortunately, the car dealers in Belgium know very little about the SRT, not even the group Fiat ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts