Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find this truck has an issue with traveling at posted speed limits. The issue is that it doesn't like to do it.

While taking a trip to NH yesterday I found that even if you just hover over the gas pedal on the highway the thing is easily traveling over 90mph.

I know it was bad when I saw two State Troopers on the side of the road and then slowed down as I approached them. As I was passing them after I thought I slowed down I looked down and realized I was still doing 85mph! It felt like I was doing 60!

This truck could be bad for my drivers license!! But a lot of FUN!!

·
The Traveler
5,264 Posts
Haha, I know this problem all too well. Invest in a nice radar. I love my passport 9500ix. I'm always cruising way to fast. You just don't feel the speed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I know this problem all too well. Invest in a nice radar. I love my passport 9500ix. I'm always cruising way to fast. You just don't feel the speed.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
The Valentine One is installed. I just thought I had slowed down enough. Luckily the Trooper wasn't interested.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got pulled over a couple days ago not for speeding but because of my tint.....I have a measely 35% front tint. The cop pulled out his tint reading device and measured the actual tint at 32%. He said the limit in the neighborhood is 35%. He still gave me a warning. What an A-Hole!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I got pulled over last week for going 31 in a 25. Cop walked up to my window, I stuck out my license and registreation, he said I don't need that. Said I pulled you over for 2 reasons. One was I paced you going 31 in a 25 and to tell you to slow down, the 2nd was to take a look at your jeep, this is the first one I've seen around here. Spent 10 minutes walking around and talking about it and he said enjoy, I told him I would as long as he doesn't pull me over and give me a ticket.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I got pulled over a couple days ago not for speeding but because of my tint.....I have a measely 35% front tint. The cop pulled out his tint reading device and measured the actual tint at 32%. He said the limit in the neighborhood is 35%. He still gave me a warning. What an A-Hole!
Interesting how he's an "A hole" even after giving you a warning which doesn't cost you anything. He could've been an "A hole" by issuing you a ticket and have you peel it off on the side of the road. He sounds like the one you want to be stopped by.

Take a deep breath ?
Daniel

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
425 Posts
Interesting how he's an "A hole" even after giving you a warning which doesn't cost you anything. He could've been an "A hole" by issuing you a ticket and have you peel it off on the side of the road. He sounds like the one you want to be stopped by.

Take a deep breath ��
Daniel

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

He's an a-hole because he made me very late for an important appointment. I travel through this particular neighborhood every day to get to work. All the other cops have seen my tint and I've never been stopped before. 35% tint is a very light tint and it's easy to tell this is legal, especially in the daytime.

·
Night Stalker v2.0
1,096 Posts
He's an a-hole because he made me very late for an important appointment. I travel through this particular neighborhood every day to get to work. All the other cops have seen my tint and I've never been stopped before. 35% tint is a very light tint and it's easy to tell this is legal, especially in the daytime.
35% in Illinois is illegal if the tint on the rears is darker than 35%. The jeep rear windows are around 20%. In order to be legal, you would have to be 50% or lighter. If you're in the city, Chicago has a law against any tint in the fronts. Sounds like the cop was being nice.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
man i feel sorry for you guys who cant have tint. personally i think its ridiculous. they say its for the safety of the officer, but im pretty sure if they want to shoot you, NOT having tint isnt going to help you. its real easy to hold a pistol in your lap as they walk up. One good thing about living in NM is we can do pretty much whatever the hell we want to our vehicles and there are almost no restrictions. state legal tint is 15%, certain counties allow 5. But as for the speeding, its WAY too easy to speed. when you're going 120, then slow down to 80, it feel like you're doing 40.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have been driving for a long time and in my estimation the people who have tints up front seem to be the worst drivers.And i will go one step further and say the worst drivers have the darkest tint.

Not sure if they feel untouchable because no one can see them or what?Put yourself in the policeman's shoes,there are a lot of crazies out there and the cops have to know what they could be dealing with.

I am sure i will not make any friends with this comment but that's how i see it.I own many high performance cars and tinting them black as night would not make them go any faster.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
i agree with there is a such thing as TOO much. my wife had 5% on her last car and we couldnt see a damn thing at night. However when you live in 105 degree heat in the summer, its nice to keep the heat out and the AC in. I've got alot of cop friends here who dont care one way or the other. Then theres the cops who are super anal about it and pull you over JUST for tint. which i think is complete BS. I guess it can go either way, but IMO, tinted or not isnt going to make much of a difference if someone wants to shoot you. They can always tell the driver to roll the windows down are open the doors before walking up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.