Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys
Has annyone expiriance same or similar problem? We were driving today with turned on heating seats and suddenly passenger seat stopped heating. We tried turning it on back but it kept turning of right away after few sec. Ventilation works fine.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No idea, it happened after +/-30min middle of the driving, thats why i posted here to see what might be a problem, then google it where to look and tried to check/fix it
Thanks for possiblites and replying

· Registered
35 Posts
Ah, sorry I didn't realise it works from the touch screen on these, there isno mechanical switch.

So in this case basically the thing is, that the head unit sends a can message over the canbus to the gateway, that relays it to power control module or seat module (or such).

There most likely is a fault either a connector or the heating element. The system detects that power is not flowing through the system as expected and switches it off.

If the seats have individual control modules, this could also be at fault.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, sorry I didn't realise it works from the touch screen on these, there isno mechanical switch.

So in this case basically the thing is, that the head unit sends a can message over the canbus to the gateway, that relays it to power control module or seat module (or such).

There most likely is a fault either a connector or the heating element. The system detects that power is not flowing through the system as expected and switches it off.

If the seats have individual control modules, this could also be at fault.
Thank you !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts