Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear forum members-

I ordered a 2012 srt which I received yesterday but the dealer would not give me the preferred pricing although I ordered in July and gave them the deposit Aug 2nd. It was ordered in my name and met all of the Gilles requirements. After reading several posts here I did not imagine it to be a very difficult process.

At first I thought the dealer was trying to pocket it but I talked to their regional rep today who gave me wishy washy answers like I needed to have a signed work order. She claimed to not know dates at first but did later in the conversation. The cancelled check from before the pricing deadline should be enough and I had the original W.O. but I am still looking for it. Hard for me to believe that a dealer does not have the original work order in any event.

Also, I emailed the dealer about two months ago to make sure he understood the dealer protection pricing and they said yes. Apparently they found it more advantageous to wait until I drove 75 miles to get there and then sprung on me the "docs fee" ,no credit for deposit towards sale, and the higher pricing because I think they knew I was stuck without a ride.

Anyway, I have cancelled the purchase check until resolved as it was incorrect anyway because they didn't give me credit for deposit. Can anyone Please help me find someone at chrysler that knows what they are doing because this has to be entered tomorrow in the Chrysler system or I get hosed. Alesa at 512 468 0614 was the regional rep the dealer sent me to but she wasn't helpful at all. She said I needed work order from 4 months ago instead of just the proof it was ordered before date in my name which I have.

Thanks again for any advice or help!

Thanks much

·
Vendor
5,596 Posts
Man, this sounds like a headache and a half! Hopefully you get it resolved, I don't know what the price protection means or how it works but if I was in your shoes I'd be raising all sorts of hell right now if they were trying to take my money without justification. Or I'd get my money/deposit back and go elsewhere...

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
Don't you just love car salespeople they are jamming you to make 3k at least.
If you have your dated paperwork I dont see anyway they can justify.
I was formed my price protection was good until 10 days after delivery
to dealership. I can't see anyone waiting that long after the order process.
My advice would be to cancel whole transaction because if price protection is lost then you can buy anywhere. Totally blows I know but don't get F***ed.

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
KINGMONKEY posted the price protection text Ralph Gilles apparently sent out in this thread - http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58605.

In short, providing you meet the requirememts you will be protected:

Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to August 10th will be price protected provided that:

THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ); the vehicle is delivered to the ordering customer within (10) calendar Days after being received by the dealer (X date) and the sale is reported to Chrysler Group LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days of the sale.

You must claim price protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Use program number 27EC1.

Bernie

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
Just a suggestion and I don't know for sure if he can help you or not, but you can send this member a PM at 300cforums.com - ChryslerCares.

Bernie

Reactions: srttx2000

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Members with cars ordered before August 10th who took delivery.

Sorry to bother you all but I was hoping to get the name of your dealer and salesperson if you took advantage of the Pricing Protection. As I posted earlier my dealer can't figure it out and I will lose it if it is not entered by tomorrow.

Thanks again

·
Speed Junkie
483 Posts
So you waited ten days after it was delivered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no, I got it on Saturday but have only until tomorrow to get it in the system. (the dealer has two work days to enter

They are saying my email my check deposit on August 2nd and my vons number and numerous emails with my name on the car while tracking delivery does not constitute a work order. They are saying that they will not get reimbursed because I don't have a work order. Ive talked to other salespeople at different dealerships who say this is rubbish but I can't make them do it properly. I really need some higher up to make them comfortable that they will get paid the rebate unless they are lying and trying to keep it

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Technical Work Order Question regarding rebate

Now the dealer has changed tactics on why they are not giving me price protection.

They are saying my email check deposit on August 2nd and my vons number and numerous emails with my name on the car while tracking delivery emailed back and forth to dealer who says car is mine does not constitute a work order. I had a vin going back to early july with my name on it. They are saying that they will not get reimbursed because they don't have a old work order on file if audited. Ive talked to other salespeople at different dealerships who say this is rubbish but I can't make them do it properly at mine. I really need some higher up to make them comfortable that they will get paid the rebate unless they are just lying and trying to keep it themselves. Ive gone over the Gilles note with them until I am blue in the face but they say it does not make a difference what he says. I have met every stipulation and tomorrow is the last day to get the protection code in. Either I am getting screwed out of about 3k or the dealer is just keeping it.

Please give me any advice or contact info as I feel helpless with the situation.

Thanks

TXSRT

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thats crap. There is no "work order" you should have a build sheet from when you placed the order, it should have your name on it and be marked as a "sold order". Talk to the dealers GM if you want but really the price is between you and the dealer and there is not much else you can do but keep arguing with them or take your business somewhere else.

Good luck

·
Administrator
5,880 Posts
I merged your three threads together as they're all about the same issue.

Bernie

Reactions: Brooksie
1 - 12 of 12 Posts