Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone is running Powerstop Breaks and rotors and if they have had any issues with them? I installed new Powerstop brakes and rotors last year and it seems as though I could never get the front brakes to seat properly to the rotors. I followed all the recommended braking procedures by Powerstop but it seems the pads are not functioning properly and the stopping power has never been great. You can see the uneven wear pattern and lines created by the brakes on the rotors. Please see attached photos. Any feedback on this would be great. Thank you
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Synthetic rubber Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have Powerstops rotors on my 2016 with about 2000 miles on them. No issues. Had two sets of Powerstop rotors and pads on my previous car, no issues. I think they make a great product for the money. Having said this, they most likely aren't immune to an issue.

This issue on all rotors? Or just one? Which specific pads did you install?

I went through the bedding steps and the jeep stops just about as good as with the Brembos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have Powerstops rotors on my 2016 with about 2000 miles on them. No issues. Had two sets of Powerstop rotors and pads on my previous car, no issues. I think they make a great product for the money. Having said this, they most likely aren't immune to an issue.

This issue on all rotors? Or just one? Which specific pads did you install?

I went through the bedding steps and the jeep stops just about as good as with the Brembos.
This issue is only with the front, the rears are perfectly fine and have bedded perfectly, I find it odd that it’s only on the fronts. I’m considering ordering new pads but will most likely have to replace pads and rotors to properly bed them again

·
Registered
225 Posts
Have you reached out to powerstop?

From the pictures, it almost looks like something got stuck between the pad and rotor causing that abnormal looking abrasion. But since both fronts are showing that, I'd say it may be a manufacturer defect. To me, it looks like it would have been an issue with the pads based on the wear rings. Taking the pads off and removing the rotor to give everything a visual once over may help too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts