Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of y’all that have done it, did your wheels come out pretty close to perfect, or did they have small spots/blemishes on them?

I just had the Alcoa’s done and there were some small places that the wheel guy said can’t be helped and are on each set. I’m trying to decide if that’s the truth or some BS he made up. Either way, I’m happy with them, so I’m not changing anything....just curious more than anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had wheels powder coated about 5 years ago and the guy told me certain blemishes could not be helped. I talked to others that had theirs powder coated elsewhere and they came out fine. A couple years ago I bought some Hell Cat wheels. I had two of them widened. I took them to another powder coating place because they were recommended. The wheels looked better than the OEM powder coating. In other words it depends on who is doing the powder coating.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that’s kinda what I figured. There is another place I have in mind for my next set, plus they’re closer. Thanks for the info, guys.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, getting the OEM wheels pc’d was a huge mistake. Ended up with 2 front wheels out of round. The guy I took them to F’d them up and had to redo them, so the d!ckhole ended up baking them 2x. I can’t prove it’s his fault, so I had to buy new repro’s.

Somebody that knew what they were doing might not have done this. Just a warning....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts