Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a kinda loud popping sound while under medium to hard acceleration,either turning or driving straight. The sound feels like it is coming from underneath the driver side floorboard. When I let off the gas and drive "normal" the popping noise stops. I can turn and no noise, just when I am getting on it this happens. Any idea what this could be?? Transfer case?? Drive line?? It doesn't sound like motor noise or motor mount. Kinda sounds like a burst from an automatic weapon. Or like a bike chain slipping.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Multiple popping, that will keep going until I let off the gas. Well pretty sure it will, cuz when it does it I let off and say to my self "that ain't good".

· Registered
2 Posts
Having a kinda loud popping sound while under medium to hard acceleration,either turning or driving straight. The sound feels like it is coming from underneath the driver side floorboard. When I let off the gas and drive "normal" the popping noise stops. I can turn and no noise, just when I am getting on it this happens. Any idea what this could be?? Transfer case?? Drive line?? It doesn't sound like motor noise or motor mount. Kinda sounds like a burst from an automatic weapon. Or like a bike chain slipping.
did you ever figure out what it was?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.