Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Would you be interested in a direct-fit catch can for your SRT WK2?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Steve and I work for Mishimoto. If you're not familiar with us, Mishimoto specializes in high-performance cooling products for a wide range of vehicles. We're mostly known for our radiators, but we also produce intakes, transmission and oil coolers, and one of our most popular products: direct-fit catch cans kits.

Which leads me to why I'm here. Mishimoto is thinking about creating a direct-fit catch can kit for the WK2 SRT Cherokee and we want to know, would you all be interested in one?

Let us know!

Thanks!

-Steve

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I guess more options would be nice. Most Mopar guys go with Billet a Tech. As far as direct fit, it seems like if you make it for a 6.4, it should fit across the SRT line.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Make it easy to drain.
Somehow I got one for a Challenger that wasn't a direct fit so I made it easy to unscrew with a 1/2" wrench or socket and lift it up to drain into a cup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No love for the WK1?
Unfortunately not at this time :frown2: However, if we see a lot of interest from the WK1 owners, we may look into creating one!

What do you mean by Direct Fit?

Is it any different from the other catch cans?
Our direct fit catch can kits include a model specific bracket that mounts the catch can in the best location for reliability and servicing. We also include molded hoses that make it so that you don't have to worry about the best routing and making sure the lines aren't kinked or rubbing on other components. Most of our kits use our compact baffled oil catch can unless they need the higher flow of a larger can. All of our catch cans include a baffle, air diverters, and a bronze filter to make sure only clean air makes it back to the engine.

I guess more options would be nice. Most Mopar guys go with Billet a Tech. As far as direct fit, it seems like if you make it for a 6.4, it should fit across the SRT line.
Good to know, thank you!

Make it easy to drain.
Somehow I got one for a Challenger that wasn't a direct fit so I made it easy to unscrew with a 1/2" wrench or socket and lift it up to drain into a cup.
I'll pass that on to the team!

Keep the feedback coming! Thanks everybody!

-Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts